• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

{unexpected match name searched for in group} ( 29 :: 0 )

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday 2/27/20 (not sure if it has to do with the update that just occured) when I create a shape layer and then try to actually create a rectangle or any other shape, the second I click on the composition with that tool I get the following error:

"After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {unexpected match name searched for in group} ( 29 :: 0 )"

This only just started when working on a new project. I created a new 4K comp, imported a PSD and selected the option to import the layers separately. The next thing I did was try and make the shape layer. Those are the only actions I took in the whole project. Tried deleting the project and importing all the elements as separate PNGs and had the same issue.

I then tried opening older projects and those were now giving the same error.

No idea if it's some part of my workflow that broke it, the most recent update, or something to do with my machine.

Machine specs:

OS Mojave 10.14.1

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Processor 4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I get the exact same error when I create a shape layer and want to change the "stroke option" from solid colour to gradient. Fill option I have no problems with.

Tried to open a new comp, new project restarted AE, but nothing helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue as described here, importing a .ai file, converting to shape layer, then trying to add a gradient. Restarting AE and my PC do not help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case this doesn't get sorted quickly, you can install the version 17.0.2 and this error goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problems too , reinstalled and problems still exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Uninstall and install the previous version, this bug does not exist in that
release.
--
Dave Thomas | Videographer

www.linnworks.com
Contact us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I came accross this error in a project myself and at least found a "solution" that worked for me I decided to share it here since this page was the top result for me on Google. Note: I had the error appear when I was trying to save the project and this error didn't enable me to save the project at all. Anyway, it seemed to have something to do with an asset in the project. I found this out by deleting ALL assets from the Project Panel and then I was able to save the project just fine. So I undid that and started to deleting assets one by one (or in my case many at a time since I actually wasn't using all the assets present in the Project panel) until I found I was able to save the project without the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, man, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i Figured "dependencies / collect fines" try it! it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Worked perfectly.

a tutorial to locate [collect files}

https://youtu.be/JcQLsQwse5I

http://bit.ly/2sxiI82 - Learn how to compress an entire After Effects project and files to easily share with other editors or clients. FOLLOW PREMIUMBEAT: Facebook - http://bit.ly/2qlFv5K Twitter - http://bit.ly/2rksBmv Instagram - http://bit.ly/2rahI9C MORE TIPS, TRICKS, AND TUTORIALS: ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its Worked for me thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank bro 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank u so muchhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never update AE.

I had the same problem after using the version 23. Media encoder was taking 2 hours to render a 1 minute composition without barely any effects. Because of that, I installed the previous version and saved the file accordingly, so I could open it version 22. Then, solids werent showing up their fills and strokes after the "{unexpected match name searched for in group} ( 29 :: 0 )" error.

I fixed the problem by creating a new file and importing the old file into it. So far it is ok, and I sincerely hope that fixes it.

We pay adobe to play with their bugs and betas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines