• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown BIB Error, invalid container ,, 0 (83 :: 3)

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error prevents me from previewing in AE and immediately stops playback. It seems to occur with certain compositions, and will go away if they are disabled. I'm thinking it has to do with Illustrator files as it seems to occur whenever I'm using them. I am under a time crunch and dealing with this error has been extremely frustrating, especially since (according to other threads) there is no universal fix for it.

Things I've tried:

- switching Mercury Software Only to CUDA (and vice versa)

- updating gpu drivers

- reinstalling AE

- purging all memory & disk cache

- rebooting my pc

- disabling fonts in Creative Cloud (some speculated the error has to do with fonts)

The only progress I've made is by "saving as" a new project, which sometimes fixes the error and other times does not. Any suggestions are welcome! I'm willing to try anything.

My PC specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz

RAM: 64 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Hello,

Re-charge all .ai files, worked for me ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

1 year later, still having this issue. I've tried everything and still don't know what causes it. Adobe employees can't tell you what causes it either :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-save your AI files with GPU previews turned off over there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm a person who has the same problem
I even turned off the gpu previews, but how do I save the ai file again? Save as or overwrite with a different name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you say "Re-save your AI files with GPU previews turned off over there."

I'm not seeing any setting called "GPU previews". There is a "GPU Performance" feature in preferences but it isn't unique to the project file (doesn't require re-saving).

Are you referring to some other setting specific to the project file? Googling for such a feature hasn't turned up anything so far for me.

Please clarify!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google says:
Open the Preferences panel (Press Ctrl+K or choose Edit > Preferences). In the Performance tab, uncheck GPU Performance to disable the feature

Aniandillus_0-1685701995311.pngAniandillus_1-1685702050941.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AustinTheWeird,

Please try the solution mentioned in the following community thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-warning-unknown-bib-error-inv...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Re-charge all .ai files, worked for me ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does re-charge .ai files mean? Reload in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Austin,

You're right. Try reloading the Ai files. Right-click the Ai files in the project panel and select Reload.

If that doesn't help, try other solutions in this article if you haven't already.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 year later, still having this issue. I've tried everything and still don't know what causes it. Adobe employees can't tell you what causes it either :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced this problem, and here's the correct answer:

• Search for AI files inside your project panel in After Effects.
  • Select the AI files and reload all of them.
  • One of them took a long time to reload and didn't load correctly; it showed color bars.
  • I replaced it with another PNG version.

So, it works, and the render was successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I found a way to solve this problem when there are many layers in an Ai file. You need to look at all the layers of this file - they’re showing up on the left side of the little window of the preview in AE. The layer that did not like the AE will not be displayed. You must overwrite this layer as a separate new file in AI and replace it with AE (replace footage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines