• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown file i/o error

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a master AEP file that I'm using to house importing in various compositions that are rather large in file size. As of right now this master AEP file is 1.1 Gigs. When I import this one particular AEP file into the master file (which is 1.5 Gigs) I get the below error whenever I try to save the master file after importing.

2022-05-17_075639.png

Trying to save obviously ups the file size of the master file to 2.6 gigs

I've tried the below with no luck:

• Purging all media and disk cache
  • Removing unused footage
  • Saving as a different file
  • Saving to a different drive

My PC specs are:

• 64 Gigs Ram
  • i7 processor
  • 1070 GTX Graphics Card

Does After Effects have a limit on how large file sizes can be? Or does anyone know how I can fix this issue? I keep researching this error but I get varied results on what is cuasing it, or how to fix it.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I keep finding is pointing to a harddrive issue but I can't replicate this error in other files. So weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact details about the contents of the project we can't tell you much, but honestly, those file sizes just sound insane. I could easily imagine some internal math going *kapow* here when there's simply too much stuff. Anyway, you have to be much more specific for anyone to make any reasonably educated guesses, assuming it's not yet another boring issue with hardware acceleration or similar...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused on what you mean? Are you asking what types of files are in the project? PNGs, JPG, PNG Sequences, .MP4 files, GIFs, COMPS, Solids, Nulls, Adjustment layers.

I would venture this is a limit on After Effects maximuim file sizes as I only get this error if the file size goes above 2 gigs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dude, I also have the same error'😅😥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ChatGPT solved the problem:

The "unknown file error" in Adobe After Effects typically occurs when you are trying to import a file into your project that After Effects does not recognize or support. Here are a few things you can try to fix the error:

1. Check the file format: Make sure the file you are trying to import is a format that After Effects supports. Some common formats include MP4, MOV, and AVI.

2. Check the file extension: Make sure the file extension matches the actual file format. For example, if you have a video file in MP4 format, but the extension is ".mov," After Effects may not recognize the file.

3. Update After Effects: Make sure you have the latest version of After Effects installed. Newer versions of After Effects often support more file formats.

4. Convert the file: If the file is in a format that After Effects does not support, you can try converting it to a supported format using a video converter tool.

5. Restart After Effects: Sometimes, restarting After Effects can fix the "unknown file error."

6. Check file permissions: If you are trying to import a file from a network drive or external storage, ensure that you have permission to access the file.

If none of these solutions work, it's possible that the file may be corrupted or damaged, in which case you may need to try a different file or obtain a new version of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines