• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to 16.1 resulting in odd error for certain projects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are attempting to open projects that were previously created w/ v16 and 16.0.1, and receiving an error upon open, preventing the project from opening.

After Effects error: Assert Failed in File:/Volumes/Builds/jenkins.mac/jobs/Effects_CompositeWizard_Mac/workspace/CWIL/osx/.../AEPlugin Lib/GlobalMgr.cpp, Line 336 (512) (25 :: 16). 

The path in the error has no connection to the actual path of the project, nor plugins used in the project.  This happens on different machines.  The path does not exist on the machines - there is no /Volumes/Builds...  Any Adobe staff have any ideas?  Downgrading to 16.0.1 resolves the issue and the project can open fine.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious error. Thanks for reporting it, and sorry about the disruption.

Two questions:

1. If you import the project into a new one, do you get the same error?

2. Would you be willing to share the project file with us? Please DM me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I showed the error message to our devs, and they pointed out that Composite Wizard is a Red Giant plug-in. Have you checked for updates?

We'd still like to get your project file, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tim - Thanks so much for your response.  I will try to test this today by updating the plugin, and re-upgrading to 16.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Red Giant Updater App showed no updates available.  Looks like we are running the latest version of the Effects Suite: 11.1.12.  Re-installing the Effects Suite did not resolve the issue.  16.1 won't open the project, 16.0.1 will.  I sent you a link to the project file.

When I uninstall RG Composite Wizard (Just Composite Wizard from the Effects Suite),  the project will open in 16.1, with the resulting error(s):

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 3.33.08 PM.png

Also, received a warning for missing effects:  Matte Feather, Optical Flares, Spill Killer, Edge Blur.  (However, testing this on a machine with different plugins installed, so I'm not putting much weight in this error). 

So it this something I just bring to Red Giant for resolution? Any insight I might be able to provide them?  Thanks again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error looks similar to something I’ve seen before, now correct me if I’m wrong but if you open that project and go to the  effects control panel your plug-in might have a orange bar that says “migrate settings “  i’ve seen this before when  creating a project with a  certain plug-in, then updating the plug-in afterwards,  or possibly downloading a template that has used a newer version of the same plug-in you have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing the project into a new project, results in the same error as above referencing 'effect control conversion required in effect "K:...." however, it then imports and I can work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error when I open the project on my computer, but I don't have the Red Giant plug-ins installed. I've filed a bug against that error for our devs to investigate.

Regarding the Red Giant plug-ins, I've alerted them to this forum thread, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a ring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to chime in to say I am getting the same error regarding effect "K" when I open my work projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tim,

I got the same error but saved the project as a new version and it went away. Not sure if any of my settings were reset things looked ok. Maybe this is a quick work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

FYI - Using AE build 16.1.1 on a mac and get the same error. Tried starting a project last worked on March 28th.

After Effects error: Assert Failed in File:/Volumes/Builds/jenkins.mac/jobs/Effects_ImageLounge_Mac/workspace/CWIL/osx/.../ AEPlugin Lib/GlobalMgr.cpp, Line 310 (512) (25 :: 16).

We have tried to import the project into a new project, gets the same Error message - klicked "OK" and then it creates a Folder in the bin but with "0" items in it.

We have also tried opening the same project on a different mac - using AE 16.1.1 - We get the same error message

We have tried opening it on a PC - using 16.0.1 - the project starts and works

We have tried opening it on a PC - using 16.1.1 - the project starts and works

We have tried saving "copys" and new - and save as...) (using the PC´s) unfortunately the projects still wont start on mac´s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I've been following this thread and wanted to follow up to see if there was any solution since I am still running into this exact issue myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am getting a similar error when I try to open an AE project that I worked on until April 3:

After Effects error: Assert Failed in File:/Volumes/Builds/jenkins.mac/jobs/Effects_ImageLounge_Mac/workspace/CWIL/osx/.../ AEPlugin Lib/GlobalMgr.cpp, Line 310 (512) (25 :: 16).

I have also tried opening the Auto-save files and tried to import the composition into a fresh project.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Red Giant effects, uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects, deleted preferences. 

Help!  I need to deliver this project.  Thanks, Tal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to this issue as well. I also had a project fail to load (and even just shut AE down completely after saying OK to the error report window) on April 3rd.  I doubt there is a direct correlation to this issue and the date but it is interesting to note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had your Image Lounge variant of this error when importing someone else's project into AE 16.1-2

Going down to AE 16.0 was a temporary fix, but what seemed to actually solve the problem was updating Red Giant Effects Suite, which contains Image Lounge. Unfortunately, Red Giant seems to have discontinued ESuite in favor of the new VFX suite, and removed all links to the ESuite installer. Luckily I could figure out the installer URL. Here's the most recent, and likely last, package (11.1.13).

I don't know if it matters, but I selected all versions of AE and Premiere in the installer, hoping to completely cover up any old versions. That may be the key, since I remember trying to reinstall ESuite a few weeks ago and it didn't help.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red Giant have also pushed out an update for Composite Wizard that seems to have fixed my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know which update, or when it was released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU! Your link to the most recent ESuite installer really saved my bacon (and can't be found on the Red Giant website since it was merged with Maxon) - I had the exact same error completely randomly (not even after an AE update) and installing this update to ESuite solved the problem and I can now hit my deadline – a thousand thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reinstall After Effects version 16.0 through Creative Cloud an open my project without the error on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey - this helped, I can now continue working on my project - many thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just would like to add, I'm also getting this error message. Basically any project I open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here. Mac OS 10.14.4

And if it is of any interest, my installing 16.1 coincided with me doing a full, clean formatting of my system, so there are no remnants of previous AE versions anywhere on my system, in case that is a useful piece of info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having random difficulty starting After Effects since upgrading to 16.1. It locks up on start up at various points but usually at "loading media core." This is VERY frustrating and really eating into production time. Updates shouldn't be released until you are sure they are bug free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this very same issue, I downloaded the ESuite_Mac_Full.zip which is version 11.1.12.

I installed over the top of the other version and it seems to be working ok now

hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having this same issue. Re-installing the Red Giant Effects Suite plugin took care of the Composite Wizard error but I then was getting the same error with the Unmult filter listed as the culprit. Installing an older version of the Trapcode plugins (the current 2021 versions were too new but I went back to my Red Giant Product Downloads and download from there) took care of the error and the file now opens. Phew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines