• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using AE 22.5.0 - Autosave will not turn off & it triggers a crash each time it initiates

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time auto-save appears on my screen, the program crashes. I've reset my preferences and tried to turn off all autosave functions multiple times. It continues to override this and launch an autosave anyway, even when the function appears to be turned off, which then causes AE to crash completely. Happening on all projects. Can someone help? 🙂

Here is the message I'm given (minus the first sentence telling me the path to which it has saved my project):

Last log message was: <14793> <RenderThreadExecutor> <1> creating executor with 10 threads.

I´ve attached a video of the crash happening, my macbooks performance info and the crash report.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey steven23033521uw7c,

Welcome to the community, and sorry for the crash. Could you share your crash logs with us? Also, please try granting Full Disk Access to After Effects and let us know if that helps.

Thanks.

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just updated to 22.5 on 2014 MacMini, Big Sur 11.6.4. I couldn't even open Adobe Preferences in an existing project to turn Auto-Save off without it crashing. I was able to turn it off by creating a new project and was able to do some editing to the older project and save it. But somehow after I saved it, it tried to Auto-Save anyway and crashed again (it's also possible that I manually saved it again and it crashed while attempting to save...I had walked away for a minute and when I came back, the crash report was up, so I can't be certain what happened--however, Auto-Save was/is still unchecked in Prefs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just opened up a project, made some edits and saved it. This time it definitely tried to Auto-Save right after I saved it and then crashed. Attached is a screen shot of the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @LilBassA1

I managed to find a way around it, I reverted my AE program back to 18.4.1, which seemed to stop the file from auto-saving and thus stopped crashing - maybe this will work for you too! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v22.6.0 (Build 64)

M1 Max, 64GB Memory
Same issue here! Autosave CAN NOT be disabled regardless of preferance settings and autosave is triggering a crash.

I tried starting a project from scratch with no luck!
I can no longer work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

more details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines