• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using After Effects Lower Third Logo in Premiere

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been learning how to use After Effects and wanted to create a lower third logo to brand our videos. I made it and imported it into After Effects. I tried putting it above and below my main video track, but on top it only shows the logo instead of the video with logo over it, and under it doesnt show it all. Is there something I am missing to make it show correctly? How can make the text only show up over the video like I would with the presets in Premiere. I am just sick of the pre-sets and want to make something that is standard for every video. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RachelF!

My first thought is that your lower third does not have a transparent background enabled! Try exporting from After Effects using these guidelines: Exporting a video with a transparent background.

Let me know if that's the answer you're needing!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed response! One thing I am struggling to find is getting to that settings screen. I am in my render que what do i click on to bring those preferences in first picture on the post you sent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click "Lossless" where the text is blue and it'll open up that window! The most important image in that link I sent you is the last one, so if you have apprehensions about exporting in the format & codec listed in that tutorial I linked, just export in the formats you want and make sure "RGB + Alpha" is selected. I'm 99% sure it'll still be transparent.

2016-10-10_13-27-35.png

Let me know if that works! Happy to keep playing with it if you need.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or click the drop down arrow next to lossless in your screen grab and choose "lossless with alpha channel"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another approach, if using CC 2018 or later, is to export the AE project as a Motion Graphic Template and import it into PPro Essential Graphics panel where it will remain available for any & all new projects going forward..

IMO the CC 2018 .MOGRT capability is the greatest thing since sliced bread...  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the logo you want to use is static, as it seems to be in the screen dump, i would have just saved it as a .psd file. It saves HDD space, exports with alpha by default. Select the Comp and go to Composition > Save Frame As > File and name and save the file. Import the .psd in Premiere Pro and click OK and just place the .psd file above the video. Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines