• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Essential Graphics IN After Effects

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to create a master composition inside AE, that I can re-use within AE. I want to use this master repeatedly with different text on each instance. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Yes, you can use a Comp as source footage in another Comp with Text Layers in those other Comps.  For each use in another Comp, this nested Comp will appear the same unless you modify it in one of the containing Comps.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use a Comp as source footage in another Comp with Text Layers in those other Comps.  For each use in another Comp, this nested Comp will appear the same unless you modify it in one of the containing Comps.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I think I'm getting things confused. I meant use a 'Pre-comp'. Is this still the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a pre-Comp is a nested Comp, yes, you can use a pre-Comp with Text layers in another Comp or Comps.  You could use the same pre-Comp in another 100 Comps and within any of those other Comps as the source footage for as many layers as you would like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok right but can I make copies of the 'master' pre-comp, to create unique instances of this master and edit text for each instance? So that if I want I can just edit the effects etc in the master and it will effect all instances?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without making a duplicate, anything you change in the pre-Comp will show anywhere the pre-Comp is used.

Once the pre-Comp is the source footage for a layer in a containing Comp, whatever is currently happening in the pre-Comp will also happen in the containing Comp.  For example, if you change something from red to yellow in the pre-Comp then it will show as yellow in the any Comp that contains it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines