• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow and crashing after updating to 2022 version

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who's PC has become very slow after upgrading my CC softwares?

Everything crashes and the rendering is taking much much longer than it used to be, and I keep getting a notification that the process can't be completed because there's no enough RAM though I'm using a gaming PC with 16 GB Ram!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 144 Replies 144
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all software is up-to-date. This happened after the Adobe Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I having the same exact problem on my fully updated Monterey version of Mac then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just rendering something very simple and it was taking a preposterously long time. I stopped the render, turned off the multiframe render setting and now it's going much faster. Not great, but much faster. (Mac is fully updated.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is updated, I tried all the solutions from YouTube but still the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. We all have our machines up to date. Read the threads; most people here are very long-time AE users. The "new features" in v22 are sluggish and buggy. I haven't been able to render a couple very simple projects, and the scrubbing & previews are taking way longer. I went back to AE 2021 (v18) and the improved difference in performance speed was shocking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, I went from severe systemwide lag trying to render out 3 layers into a single pass that didn't have many demanding effects in 2022, to being able to browse the internet or watch Netflix while it renders in 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent literally an hour and a half contacting tech and letting them take control of my Mac because I was unable to update my Preferences in AE without the system crashing.  The tech informed me they would need to reboot my system, and would be back online after the reboot.  System restarted -  and the Adobe remote connection software did not.  So guess who wasn't there when the system restarted?   Had to go onto Adobe where I got a completely different tech, who proceeded to try and help me again - from SCRATCH - doing the EXACT same things the original tech had done.  Still not working,...   Looking for some alternate software now. 

Not against paying good money.  Just against paying good money for something that doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 Macbook Pro with 32g ram and over 300gb in available storage and it keeps telling me I'm out of memory with After Effects or Illustrator running.  I can only run one program at a time.

Media Encoder doesn't work at all.

Sliders aren't working properly, it's a mess.

I pay over $80 a month for this program, you could've at least offered the Black Friday sale to your customers who have to put up with this crap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there ANY news on this. I have to turn OFF MFR to get my render speed back to normal. With MFR my renders grind down by a factor of 4 to 5 times. MFR has crippled my rendering times. Adobe seems to be very silent on this. I have 3 workstations and its the same on ALL of them. I work with other people who have exactly the same issue.

What is going on ? MFR simply is NOT working for us and has in act done the opposite of what it claims to do. Can you please give us an update on what Adobe is doing to address the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects, Photoshop AND Illustrator! I've downgraded After Effects to 18.1.0 because it is the oldest Adobe still provides. But I wish I never updated anything before learning if it is really and relevantly different, or somehow mandatory for a project. Since 2018/19 has been a degrading performance disgrace with no apparent benefits. Most of us here bother to find and share a solution and respect Adobe in doing so. But please don't ask us to check for more updates if we're already dissatisfied with previous unresolved issues that remain unresolved. Same machines, OS and conditions and the only change comes from Adobe. We do care! Hope you do too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like we have subscribed to 5 restarts before the actual work starts.. ADOBE DVA 2022 FREEZES!! Please 'Look Into It'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry adobe but this update is absolutely horrible this is a lot of money people push out for a subscription service that is becoming very subpar...even Corridor Crew is giving up on you and VFX and Chill guys at Maxxon had an ae crash right on air,,,it's embarrassing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O meu After depois da atualização de ontem nem abre....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked fine for a week. I did a bench test and it was twice as fast as AE2021. However, when I close the app it freezes and I have to force quit. Also, when I render multiple comps it loads forever and never renders anything. So I have to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems and with a high-end professional workstation. I posted another (but more detailed) topic around this same issue partly just to keep it at the top, as well as highlight that this problem is not our problem at all: it's an Adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this posting! It saved me..It is incredible that adobe does not write about this issue on Creative Cloud along with info about new updates. I have spendt a frustrating week, googeling, reinstalling, rebuilding project, buying new external harddrive for cache storing, plus plus. I am no back on After Effects CC2021 and everything works fine.

Definitely an Adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a Macbook Pro M1 Max fully decked out, and was shocked to see the worst performance I've ever seen from Premiere on the new version. I don't know if it's the update, but I'm unable to scrub through to the lightest timeline ever. Full of 720p videos and pngs. It's is utterly frustrating as it has ruined my experience with my new macbook. Not only that, but After Effects has also been as bad as any 16gb memory computer. I will try to downgrade to 2021, and see how that goes. Premiere Pro is my livelihood, so this is beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Until Adobe fix the new problems with the 2022 version I´m just using the 2021 version that just works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just going to go back to 2021 until 2022 becomes usable.  Nothing is rendering and it is taking literal days to put together a 15 sec extreme rough draft.  Everything is slow due to the render issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a newer Macbook Pro with 32 GB Ram and it's awful. I get the spinning pinwheel everytime I touch something. I've tried everything from proxies to using different render engines. I'm so behind on work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too...32gb ram on my MBP and it keeps telling me I'm out of memory with over 300gb of storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same problem here. Because of spinning pinwheel, I can't even scroll up and down. I had to wait till the wheel disappear and moved a cursor and then I got the wheel again. I tried going back to 2021, keeps showing me the spinning wheel. This is an absolute disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to a 3080 RTX and Core i9, a pc which is 4x faster than my last PC that I used for over 2 years with Premier Pro. This PC powers through 3D software like Blender, yet I can't even get half res SD files to play without lag. It's truly an embarrassment what Adobe gets away with. Blender is free and treats their users like royalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not the only one. The v22 update is a slow buggy piece of hot f*cking garbage. I went back to AE 2021 (v18) and it was like having lead weights suddenly freed from around my ankles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had the same problem and Adobe support helped me fix it.

I am on Windoes 10, AE 22.0.1 - I did my Display driver update with the windows "update driver -> Search automatically"

I was up to date, but AE wouldn't open the Composition window.

The adobe support went to the intel driver support page, I installed the assistant - downloaded the recommended files (display drivers) and it worked.

In my case it was not an Adobe problem, it was my display driver problem.

In my case "update driver -> Search automatically" was not enough, I had to go to the Intel webpage.

On a side note

AE CPU usage with wrong driver was between 25 - 30%

AE CPU usage with new driver is 1.2%

I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines