• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow and crashing after updating to 2022 version

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who's PC has become very slow after upgrading my CC softwares?

Everything crashes and the rendering is taking much much longer than it used to be, and I keep getting a notification that the process can't be completed because there's no enough RAM though I'm using a gaming PC with 16 GB Ram!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 144 Replies 144
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was just updating NVIDIA Studio Driver and the latest AE 22.0.1. Now it's running quite well! All cores maxed out while rendering, but that's what I needed right now 🙂
ME21 core usage 13% -> 9mins rendering

ME22 core usage 94% -> 3 mins rendering

Happy rendering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEp ... AE 2022 has crawled my production to halt. It is HORRENDOUSLY slow and essentially unusable. I have no idea what Adobe is doing here but if it's the MFR then it has successfully become slower then SFR. 

I am rolling back to 2021 until this get fixed. AE 2022 is an utter dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I had the same problems - playback not even starting, AE being super slow and so on.... working on Windows 10.

Yesterday I updated AE 2022 to the latest V22.0.1 and installed the latest NVIDIA Studio Driver NOV2021. Restarted my machine and now it's running quite smooth!

Also Media Encoder 2022: Just rendered a video with mainly 2D, quite an amount of vector layers/shape layers (mostly transferred via Overlord) and some effects like blurs etc. in A THIRD of the time. 03:33min vs 09:46min.

So for me it is working now - hope this works for you as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to admit it: It DID/DOES work for some projects - other projects (and I can't tell why) are also working quite well in AE but I just couldn't transfer them to ME for rendering... So in the end, it didn't even matter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

multiple crashes without doing anything in this piece of s h i t software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! Soooo bad. Was so excited for multi-frame but it is a huge letdown 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my cpu goes straigt to almost 100% while editing even when after effects doesnt do anything. pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nonstop crashes on AE 2022. For me just switching from one comp to another causes it to hang about 30% of the time.

Adobe software crashes more than any software I've ever used, by like an order of magnitude. I've also paid them more money than any other software company I've ever paid, by like an order of magnitude. Worst deal ever. WTF is wrong with this company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figure their sales tactic at this point is to make all their products fail on every level so we’ll finally support their competitors enough to force them out of the market.

And they're doing a great job of that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any version which works fine? I have same problem, the new one keeps freezing and I have 64GB Ram, its really slow and sometimes even preview window doesn't occur. I've tried to downgrade to 18.4 and 18.1 version. But they are also problematic. I am helpless. Sorry Adobe, but this after effect issues are on regular basis. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally cannot add text... acts like im importing a 2TB file or something....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. After effects even when siting idle is using all 32gb of RAM and is playing back slower than ever before even on 720p Proxy files. I can't even use Mocha to track anything because AE isn't sending the frames fast enough and it's causing an error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please file a Bug Report. Include as much details of your Hardware, OS, - additional info on VPN or anti-virus apps or other apps running concurrently with AE will be good too.   

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree, a 3 hour render is now an 8 hour render since the 2022 version. This is on a project I've animated for client using a fellow ilustrators layered psd files. I have even ended up splitting it up across two machines to speed things up. A 40 core PC and a quad core mac book pro. They both drag and even hang as though nothing is happening and eat up all the ram complaining there's nothing left to use, leading to continuous purging of the cache. Was expecting great things when I installed, but will be dropping back to last years version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add my extreme dissatisfaction to those expressed earlier! After Effects CC 2022 is a total disaster!
My work process is considerably slowed down by the numerous bugs and slowdowns (opening of projects, previews, renderings, etc.). Nothing works normally...! However, I use a solid PC.
Thank you to Adobe for finding a quick solution, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. One clip preview leads within seconds to 50GB RAM usage. New update 22.1.1, same bugs. Tried NVIDIA studio drivers, same. Older NVIDIA drivers, same.

Only solution at the moment: reinstall AE 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your are right NOTHING WORKS WELL.. very frustrating. Adobe help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm on a Windows laptop with pelnty of power and fully updated. With me it feels like 2022.1.1 made it worse. Maybe just a coincidence. When it actually works, rendering is much faster. But especially the preview is really buggy and stalls. Close to unusable. Sometimes it needs to cache the entire preview before it plays smoothly. Sometimes that doesn't even help.

Using expressions makes it even worse too it think.

Update: BTW. Purge all memory and cache. Does help. Untill it doesn't. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have both 2021 and 2022 installed. 2021 takes less than a second to load a frame that 2022 needs 2 minutes to open on the same project. Something went terribly wrong with this update.
I've been phasing AE out of my workflow as much as possible for the last 2 years because it's so unstable, unreliable, and frankly antiquated. They need to start from scratch and rebuild AE from the ground up with code that isn't 20 years out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I thought it was my system, but it didn't seem right, since nothing else was bogging my system down, not even rendering out of 3D Studio Max using Redshift... went back to 2021 and the issue was solved. I could preview and render out of AE without severe system lag, to the point of being unable to do anything else while stuff rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think part of the problem is the way it starts caching the preview render when you take your hands off it for a few seconds. Although it seems like a handy process on the surface while working in AE, it's a pain in the arse when you've sent your project to Media Encoder or flipping over to Photoshop or illustrator to build another file. The computer ends up going into hyperdrive whirring away processing the AE timeline in the background while steadily gobbling up all your memory with the cache. If there's a switch to turn this off and on then that would be handy (or handy to know about if it already exists).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The On/Off Switch for Cache Frames When Idle is found in the Composition Menu>Preview.  There is a new Command for this feature which you can access in the Keyboard Shortcuts Visualizer and then set a shortcut to it. 

To set the time when CFWI kicks in, do it in AE's Prefs>Previews. 

And please file a Bug Report if you can reproduce this issue. Thanks.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We turned off the multi-frame rendering option in the Preferences under Memory & Performance, like Sean @ One said, and it worked for us to speed up the rendering to pre-v22 without going back to v18 and still using the other features of v22.
Maybe this works for you too.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the green bar is still growing and slowing down the whole system.

In 18.4 the bar does not render the whole sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Roland's instructions and it turned off the growing green bar and it makes using the program viable now...  Go to: Composition Menu>Preview>Cache Frames When Idle  and switch off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines