• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vid Rendering 4 IG

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a preset for rendering square video of an HD project so i can share on Instagram?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

You don't need a preset for that. You can just create a new composition as square and put your content in it. Than you export this comp as video.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a preset for that. You can just create a new composition as square and put your content in it. Than you export this comp as video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when I export it, what settings do I export it as? Can you please explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what Instagram prefers (go and check this first) - but I would go with H264, MP4, 5Mbit.

Best way to make the export is to use Media Encoder. Just open your comp and go to Menu-bar Compositon -> Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue, or press CTRL + ALT + M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, sounds good! Just to confirm, I do not have to tinker with the actual project settings? I can simply open after effects, and make a square composition, after confirming elsewhere (if anyone wants to chime in on that as well would be great) the actual size and format that IG needs? And then export as you stated above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are being given incomplete and inaccurate advice. The standards for all social media are published. H.264 is the preferred format with ACC audio. The frame should always be an even number of pixels and ideally evenly divisible by 16 and the number of rows and columns should always be even and evenly divisible by 4 because h.264 compression works with blocks of pixels that are 4pixels by 4 pixels. 1080 X 1080 = 1166400 divide that by 16 and you get 72,900. 1080 divided by 4 = 270 so that is a legal and acceptable h.264 frame size.  Maximum file size and frame rates are also specified.

Here's a fairly decent article on the subject: Best Video Formats for Facebook, Twitter & Instagram

You can't just render any square format, it does not necessarily need to be square for Instagram, and the frame rate and file size are important. Just creating a square composition and dumping your stuff in it is not an accurate answer. Do some studying and make sure that the people you take advice from know what they are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... Well I guess I will just continue to research this then. I have tried to upload 1080 px wide video before to IG and it still gets cut off, so I am not even sure if that article is accurate, however I shared it through Gyphy so that may have messed with the format, although that is beyond my scope. Please excuse the ignorance, however I am still getting my feet wet with all this.

I will leave this thread open.

Thank you, guys, for your responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first place you should probably start is with a white paper on h.264 rendering and a little study of the MPEG Interframe format. Some encoders will let you break the rules, but they shouldn't because data rates and compression artifacts go way up very quickly when you break the rules.

This is probably a better article on Instagram standards. Always Up-to-Date Guide to Social Media Video Specs | Sprout Social It is newer. They are recommending an odd number of pixels and I would ignore that and let the platform crop the video that size if it needs to. Always keep your video frame and even number of pixels high and wide. The only formats that won't degrade a video with 615 lines is a visually lossless format that does not compress color, but you can't use those for distribution, they are only useful in the production pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, Rick - keep calm! I know what I'm talking about and it's as easy as I said.

One don't need to start with the h264 whitepaper (and not everybody got the time to do so) - sometimes you just want to render and upload it.

It took about 10 sec. to google up-to-date and official instagram video-specifications and I stated out that the actual IG video standards should be used (https://blog.snappa.com/instagram-video-format/) :

• H.264 Codec
  • MP4 Container
  • AAC Audio
  • 3 500 kbps bitrate for video
  • Frame rate of 30 fps (frames per second)
  • Maximum file size of 15 mb
  • Video must be a maximum of 60 seconds
  • Maximum video width is 1080 px (pixels) wide
  • The best Instagram video dimensions you should use are 864 pixels (width) by 1080 pixels (height) amount with an aspect ratio of 4:5.

For IGTV it's (https://help.instagram.com/1038071743007909?helpref=faq_content) :

Video File Type

Videos must be in MP4 file format.

Video Resolution and Size

• Videos should be vertical (not landscape) with an aspect ratio of 9:16.
  • Videos should have a minimum frame rate of 30 FPS (frames per second) and minimum resolution of 720 pixels.
  • The maximum file size for videos that are 10 minutes or less is 650MB. The maximum file size for videos up to 60 minutes is 3.6GB.

After this, it's just a matter of setting up a comp with the given fps and dimensions, putting the content in it and then export with the settings above.

Cheers,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ddđ

sextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.tosextop1.to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines