• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wave warp effect - How can I adjust the speed gradually?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I used the effect wave warp and want to adjust the speed with keyframes, it should slowly move faster. When I set keyframes on the speed with the stop watch, they are squares and they jump abruptly, not slowly increasing. I found this Keyframe interpolation in After Effects but it didn't work. In the interpolation dialog box everything is greyed out except "hold", and in the graph editor, I only get a warning pop up "no valid interpolation method" and then AE completely crashes. I hope someone can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some effects simply cannot be animated in the manner you want, especialyl ones that auto-animate like Wave Warp. It messes with their internal math. You have to think of something else like creating a static wave and animating iot with a Motion Tile effect or using Displacement Map with a custom map.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's late, but it works if you move the "phase" keyframe instead of wave speed. Just move the phase to wherever you want and play with the "easy-ease".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the way. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-compose your Wave Warp layer moving all attributes to the new comp. Add Time remapping to the pre-comp and adjust the speed curve in the graph editor so it looks like this.

WaveWarp Time Remap.gif

That project has wave warp animating only wave height, but then the playback speed goes from no time passes or zero seconds per second of realtime to 5 seconds per second of realtime or 5 times faster than normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, you are a rockstar! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a timewarp effect or adjust the height parameter to straighten it gradually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always precomp the assets and the effect, trim the layer to desired length, right click time/ freeze on last frame. Then easy ease the newly created keyframe. Done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines