Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebM installer not working

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to install the WebM Plug-In from https://www.fnordware.com/WebM/ , but for some reason the installer keeps coming up with this error. Any idea what could be wrong?

I'm running Windows 11

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a compatibility issue with the wrong version of Windows installer. FNord will have to provide a fixed version of their installer that is Win 11 compatible. Other than that you could try to manually initialize the install process from a terminal window and see if it runs. Check the Microsoft page for instructions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a way how to do it manually. The solution I found was to execute the .msi installer through windows terminal, but it just opens the same window and I keep getting the same error once I click next. Could you point me to a direction on what I could possibly do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, then you're probably out of luck. The one thing you could try is to force install of an older version of Windows Update/ Windows Installer using the DSIM tool, but that could really be complicated and bust up your entire Windows install. With that in mind it might be simpler to just render an intermediate clip and convert it in another tool until Microsoft have fixed this problem. It's pretty widespread and affects many legacy component installers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines