• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What font does AE use if font is missing

Participant ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an project with a missing font -> the font appears in [square brackets]. However, the defalt font that is used in place, surprisingly, looks awesome .

I'd like to know which one it used. So the question is, which font does AE use in place of the missing one? I am on a mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

If you select (highlight) the font & then check out the character panel your question should be answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you try this?

File > Dependencies > Find Missing Fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select (highlight) the font & then check out the character panel your question should be answered.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JP and Paul! Thanks for stopping by.

I believe I made myself unclear. I do not want to find the missing of or the name of it. I already can do that with what Paul suggested. 

I am instead interested in the font, that was used in place of the missing font.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 10.15.29.png

[Champagne&Limousines] is missing and thats okay. Which font did AE use instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh...After Effects continues to display the missing font [in brackets] rather than the replacement font.  That's smart.

The help mentions this and says the text in brackets will be replaced with the "default" font.  But what's that?

I opened my "Adobe After Effects 15.0 Prefs-text.txt"  and see under "Text Style Sheet" it lists the "Font Family Name" as "Times New Roman".

When I go back into After Effects and reset the character panel via it's panel menu the font does get set to Times New Roman. So My best guess is that that is the default font and that's how you can find it, wt least on WIndows

You could confirm this if you wanted by changing font family in the text preference and then opening the project fresh and see if the missing font gets replaced with the font you designated.

Of course back up your preferences file first so you can put the original back once you're done testing or if something goes haywire due to incompatiblity of the other preferences and the font family you chose.

It might also help if you posted screenshot of the font itself.  Maybe someone can tell you what it is.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW that font is free for personal use Champagne & Limousines Font | dafont.com

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone ever resolve this?  I too would like to know what font AE uses as a substitute when fonts are missing.  I like it and would like to use it in future.

It most definitely is not Times New Roman.

***UPDATE***

I found it.  It's Myriad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines