Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is going on in this video?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I am trying to imitate this video for work: https://www.facebook.com/greenpeace.international/videos/5-facts-about-plastics/10155108938283300/

https://www.facebook.com/greenpeace.international/videos/5-facts-about-plastics/10155108938283300/

and I can't seem to find any tutorials online that help me learn the techniques to be able to achieve it. Because i'm a beginner with After Effects I am starting to think it's the type of search text i'm using to find the correct techniques.

I was wondering if anyone could describe to me the techniques involved in this video and point me in the right direction to finding things online that will help me learn them.

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks a lot,

Lawson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't find any tutorials on that because that vlip was made with simple basic AE tools like position, directional blur, scale, opacity and several simple transitions.
What you need is to learn AE basics and you will be able to do that kind of video in no time.
For basic tutorials go here: After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Or also Udemy is giving one of its AE courses for free: https://www.udemy.com/after-effects-cc/?couponCode=FREEUPGRADE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your quick response and that is really nice of you to point me to that course which I will start today.

Are the transitions used effects or presets? Also has the video/images been pre-composed and the text separate to it?

All the best,

Lawson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could do most if not all of that in Pr, without Ae. In Pr I use a plug-in from NewBlue Fx called Titler Pro, there are other third party titling plug-ins available too, if you have a budget for one look around.  I haven’t done a title in Pr for years, I don’t know if that function has been improved, it used to be a PIA.

Going back and forth from Ae to Pr is time consuming, for my work the round-tripping function is yet dependable. I use Ae when I need to but a plug-in in Pr is much, much faster.

For text work in Ae I recommend an inexpensive plug in called Mr. Horse, or use the presets in Ae, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Be patient, Ae takes a long time to master, be careful about committing to deadlines until you do.

Lastly, try to never do movement that isn’t motivated. And ‘Got Milk‘ was good, but some people think it used one too many words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines