• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the fastest way to remove green screen in video?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fastest way to remove green screen in video? I'm new to both Adobe Premier and After Effects. Of the two programs - which one would be the "easiest" to learn to remove (and replace with static image) the background of green screen in video. I usually use Rush for video editing ~ thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no simple answer to that. The available keyers work differently and outside that of course the type of footage matters, your overall experience level and so on. Keylight in AE can be great if you know how to reign it in, but so is the Premiere keyer or tools like Primatte. It's really not a question if A is better than B and which takes longer to learn. If you can provide a screen shot/ reference frame of your foootage we may be able to advise, but even then what's obvious to us may not be the best solution for you.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. Here's the file that I'm working with. I just need to replace green screen with something else... I love the simplicity of Rush and wish there was an easy swap function - I've tried priemier a few unsuccessful times - it's just too much for the editing I'm doing... but I'm thinking that might be the one I need to learn... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This produces a near perfect key just by importing it into AE, adding it to a composition and throwing on the Keylight effect, then sampling the green with the eyedropper. All that is required is to crank up the screen gain and then one could of course go in deeper and finetune the alpha rollback a bit and a few minor other things. I was a bit skeptical at first since the green looked too yellow-ish, but it really works, at least based on the sample clip that could be downloaded. So if you feel like it, you can dive in straight without having to fear much. I'd only recommend a slight color correction after that to get rid of the yellwo shift, which can also be done with a basic Color Balance effect and tweaking the Midtones Red/ Green balance.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines