Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR / Windows 10 Pro / After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm having some severe troubles with my brand new pc workstation (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7.7820X CPU @3-60 GHz 8 Cores, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Sea Hawk, Windows 10 Pro) that is shutting down (Blue Screen, Stopcode, WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR) almost every time I'm using After Effects CC 2017. It even happened when I opened Photoshop (CC 2017). There is no recognizable reason why Windows crashes, since it happens even when I just open the preferences.

When I installed the latest nvidia drivers (also the cuda_8.0.61_win10) on friday, the system was stable for two days, but this morning it happened again. Since the machine was prepared by professionals and since all specs are okai, I assume the hardware should be fine.

Did anyone of you experienced this error as well? Does anyone have a clue, what I should do? Since I'm currently working on a project and facing tight deadlines, it's vital for me to get After Effects running again.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

SOLUTION!!

-Uninstall "Intel Turbo Boost 3.0" app

-in your BIOS, turn off "TURBO BOOST"

Works for me! Hopefully there will be an update to let us use Turbo boost wit's Adobe CC again soon, but for now, this looks to be our workaround! Let me know if you get the same result!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay So here was my fix:

My Computer:

Nvidia 2080 RX

Asus ROG STRIX X22- E gaming motherboard

I9 - 9900X CPU

NZXT Kracken 52x Liquid Cooler

128GB RAM

Go into your BIOS. Go into EZ setup (F11 or F7 I think.) and set your computer up for daily computing, NOT Media/Gaming, etc. This should fix your problems. Then just select Mercury Playback software only in Premiere and you shouldn't have any problems.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines