• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are my bezier curve handles in the graph editor?

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to After Effects 18.0.1, I can not seem to activate my bezier curve handles in the Graph Editor.

dluksa_4-1617210017688.png

I tried changing the Time Interpolation to Bezier but no luck. I need those little yellow handles! Thoughts/ideas?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Is not possible. After Effects does not allows you to have individual controls over the anchor point using bezier handles for the value curve, this is not a problem of this version. You can edit handles (influence) if you change to the Speed Graph. What you can do is to link anchor point x & y dimensions to position parameter in a null object with separate dimensions to control value graph with bezier handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must separate dimensions to get bezier handles. Right-click over position parameter and choose Separate Dimensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adjusting an anchor point and am unable to separate the dimmensions. I've been able to use thecurve handles on anchor points before with no problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is not possible. After Effects does not allows you to have individual controls over the anchor point using bezier handles for the value curve, this is not a problem of this version. You can edit handles (influence) if you change to the Speed Graph. What you can do is to link anchor point x & y dimensions to position parameter in a null object with separate dimensions to control value graph with bezier handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines