• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is my null object ?

Participant ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im completely new to After effects so excuse me !

I used a null object layer and a camera layer in order to move around the scene and zoom in and out.

for some reason, I cannot see the null object square any more + when Im changing the null object or camera position values - it does nothing.

what did i do wrong ? it worked like a minute ago.

There it is :

null object-01.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

You are looking at the footage panel. You need to be looking at the composition panel.

Do yourself a favor and spend several hours here learning: Basic AE, it will save you hours if you take the time to learn about the UI, keyframes, rendering and formats, and the principals of animation and comositing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking at the footage panel. You need to be looking at the composition panel.

Do yourself a favor and spend several hours here learning: Basic AE, it will save you hours if you take the time to learn about the UI, keyframes, rendering and formats, and the principals of animation and comositing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you guys !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You inadvertently double-clicked on a layer in the Timeline Panel. This action opens the layer's Layer Panel. The Layer and Composition Panels look alike and most new users are unaware they're no longer looking/working directly with the Composition Panel. To get back to the Composition Panel,use the tabs along the top of the Viewer Panels - viewer panels in AE are the Footage, Layer and Composition Panels.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you ever run into this issue while using a template, make sure to check if "Shy Layers" is turned on. Your null layers could just be hidden in your composition panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines