• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why ADOBE dont put a True Comp Duplicator already inside the program??

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He all pay to ADOBE and then, we need buy scripts or pluggins to have the program working.

Now, I have a project that I cant finish, becouse I dont have a script to do the comp duplication. This is the MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER!!!! 

Now I need to get home, take my Script and only finished the project tomorow!!

I have a project with a lot of comps, and is so crazy thinking to duplicate all of them one by one and rename it... no thanks.  

Please, put a script like True Comp Duplicator already a feature. 

Everytime I work on after, I have this problem in diferent computors... Its soooo anoying and make me lose time!!!

Solve this!!!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not gonna lie, what True Comp Duplicator does in AE would be pretty nice to have just coded into AE, but I'm not necessarily for the fact of Adobe making all of the scripts/plugins a feature in their software. The engineers and developers can't possibly integrate every single feature that every AE user wishes. There are thousands of random scripts that exist for AE, not to mention people make money off of coding them. Integrating them as features in AE would probably put these companies out of business or drastically decrease their sales.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine that you worked for years to gain the necessary knowledge and experience, then spent months perfecting a product. Would you be happy if somebody copied your product and then gave it away for free?

Consider the people that developed True Comp Duplicator. If Adobe just copied and included the code in their program, that would be copyright and patent infringement. It would be just plain stealing. If they offered the creator enough money, maybe they could license it, but it would be unethical just to copy it.

If you waste 20 minutes fiddling with a complicated project, you have already lost about what it costs to purchase the tool. True Comp Duplicator costs about 1/3 of an average hour's labor rate to purchase. Give 3rd party developers some credit for their fantastic work in providing additional tools for all of us. Pay them what their product is worth and increase your profits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

Sorry, maybe I dont explained well what I tried to say.

Its not copy the paid script True Comp Duplicator. 

Its more, Adobe create his own. Or at least buy that script to the developers and implement it by default. 

Its just, this script is for me a really important thing. 

I got the script and I installed it right now, and I can work now. 

I just dont understand why they dont implement someting like this.

Because if this script exist, is because adobe didnt do it. So... 

Everytime I work in After, I have always this problem... But now I save the script in my mail, so I will have it forever and problem solved.

But if adobe create his own,

will be amazing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How would Adobe be able to create their own without copying what already exists? If you want the same features, they are going to have to include similar elements and similar features. Adobe would then be screwing over the people who made True Comp Duplicator. It might be annoying that you have to buy separate 3rd party items, but it's that way with a LOT of different software. There are plugins everywhere for tons of software (Cinema 4D, pretty much every DAW in existence), and its useful for filmmakers and editors because Adobe can't possibly do EVERYTHING you want.

Glad you found a solution though! 

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automation Blocks has a tool for this and you can still use it as free beta until end of this month:

https://aescripts.com/automation-blocks-for-after-effects/

If you look for a "no extension at all"- solution, you can save a copy of your project, which is reduced to the single comp (and its precomps) which you want to duplicate. Then you can import that copy many times into your main project to create duplicates.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines