• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my playhead have a few frames greyed out on the right side of my playhead?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use the "B" and "N" keys to shorten the playback area it goes to the end of the greyed out frames, not where the playhead is, same with the layers when I use the "I" and "O" keys?  Using Version AE 17.0.4Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 10.36.05 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong here. This is how it works. The playhead position reads the frame on the right, as it does with the IN points. All the video apps work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A frame exists - is shown - over a period of time. The playhead simply sits at the start of that frame, not the end. Hence the space to the right - the time period of the frame itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines