• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't shape gradient fill work properly?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether it is two colors or a color and transparency, what the gradient slider is showing seems to happen only between the middle of the shape and a bit to the right side. Is there some kind of range selection that I'm missing?

Screenshot 11-16-2018 09.01.23.jpg

I would post other pics, but I get a "forbidden" error message.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

AE works little bit different than Ps or Ai so to properly edit gradients in AE shapes you have to use window that you used and also Start and End points of your gradient in your layer shape fill settings - shown on my screen on the left hand side.
2018-11-16_15-21-58.png
Is that what you were looking for? If not please claryfy it for me and maby I will be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 11-16-2018 09.03.30.jpg

Another example to the other end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE works little bit different than Ps or Ai so to properly edit gradients in AE shapes you have to use window that you used and also Start and End points of your gradient in your layer shape fill settings - shown on my screen on the left hand side.
2018-11-16_15-21-58.png
Is that what you were looking for? If not please claryfy it for me and maby I will be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is idiotic. Another of Adobe's strange ideas. Is the gradient relative to the SCENE and not the width of the object? I can input e.g. 200 in stop point so it's pixels or what? I thought this was percentages??!!! Who the hell thought of such an idiotic idea???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have start and stop point properly set... and yet, the gradient has a long start, long end, and little in the middle, I have gradients points at 0, 33, 66, 100% of the width and yet it looks like 0, 45, 55, 100... totally uneven distribution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beleive this is an incomplete answer, as it is still often almost impossible to "rotate" the orientation of the gradient using the tools given. The expected "handles" would let a user rotate the gradient to whatever angle they would like. Other AE gradient tools have this, as does Ai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you click on the shape, you can toggle the handles to expand the area of the gradient 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines