• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Cinema 4D installed as part of After Effects CC? What happens if I remove Cinema 4D?

Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you stop installing crapware on my systems. I don't want Cinema 4D on my system. 

My hard drive space is for me not Adobe!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlisle1500, I am very sorry, but Adobe did not produce Cinema4D.  You can find more information about this software title on the Maxon website at https://www.maxon.net/en/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure? I reinstalled some new apps in the CC and there is Cinema 4D on Mac. Let me post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It came with Illustrator installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted a video. If you direct message me I'll send snapshot video if I can't load it here.

If it's not Illustrator then it's one of the other CC apps. This the only thing I've installed in the last 48 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may uninstall premiere pro or after effects to see if it goes away. Then reply back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent it to the trash can. Thread closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlisle, a list of current Adobe applications and services can be found at https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?types=pf_252Fdesktop&types=pf_252Fmobile&types=pf_252Fwe....

You can find the Maxon support center at https://www.maxon.net/en/support-center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to Maxon. I should contact them and understand how it got on to my computer without my consent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, there is this, suggesting there is a Cinema 4D Lite included with After Effects (as of 2019): https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/after-effects/how-to/introducing-cinema4d-lite-aftereffects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it!!!!   I moved to mac because my PC is being upgraded. I install CC stuff to kill time and work on some Adobe certs because I can't do much on this crapAir.  This product install completely. It has it's own folder and 5-10 apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you uninstall Adobe After Effects, Cine4D remains too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another lie of Adobe exposed...deny, deny, deny!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John; I have confirmed that Maxon Cinema 4D R22 is currently being installed as part of After Effects CC 2021.  I was able to move the folder that contained the app to the trash can with no problems.  I do not know, though, if it will affect the ability of After Effects to function, Carlisle.

I will update the discussion title and move this discussion to the After Effects CC Discussion forum so that a community member can provide information if the Cinema 4D app is required to use After Effects CC 2021.

Thanks for your patience, Carlisle. I hope we will get more clarity on why this app is installed and what is missing if it is removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

placeholder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we have also encountered the problem in the business environment with shared device licenses. We package via the Adobe Adminconsole and Cinema 4D is included in every After Effects package.

We have already contacted Adobe Support and have so far only received a feature request (DVAAE-4221804) that Cinema 4d should be deselected in the future when creating the package.

This is already from the beginning of February 2022 and we hope that other affected people will contact the support with the reference to the feature request DVAAE-4221804 and finally get some movement in the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to DVAAE-4221804:
In October 2022 for the Adobe MAX event, there should be an option to deselect Cinema4D when creating the package. 😄

That sounds good already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only problem is that now I get an error message whenever I try to use 3D layers in AE 22.5.0. Claiming that Cinema 4D is required to be able to use 3D layers!?! 😒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an After Effect expert (or user) but came across this thread when looking into why Cinema 4D was installed on a system.
Obviously AE is utilising Cinema4D functionality (via a OEM redistribution license between Adobe & Maxon) for the 3D Layers function.

Its pretty common for software to utilise other software rather than re-inventing the solution. Normally its much smaller things like dll & such though, Cinema4d is a fairly hefty install to be bundled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sulaco 

Yes, Cinema 4D is required to use the Cinema 4D options in After Effects.  That's why it's included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren Heaton 

I know, that wasn't the problem. I was trying to use the AE built in 3D functionality and it wouldn't let me, saying that I need Cinema 4D to do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you crazy? Cinema 4D is hella expensive on its own. You should take some 3D courses and add this useful tool to your workflow. Get a better computer if you're in the industry and can't run 4D—sounds like you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lord Helvetica Designs 

Well said, Lord Helvetica Designs.  Well said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same hapened to me... I'm a CC user for years now and sometimes I have Cinema 4d that pops up in my last installed softs. I never asked for it...

Now to reply to the person that said that Cinema 4D is expensive on its own and is a wonderful tool... It might be, but the problem is we have it on our system but we do not have the licence, so we cannot use it. So why 2Gb of a software that we cannot use ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can still unistall Cinema 4D without any problems... well none that I could see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines