Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

window for plug-ins

New Here ,
May 23, 2007 May 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i've just started learning how to use after fx sdk. my current task is to add and change layers of the current composition based on user settings. (how many layers etc., just some pulldowns and numbers and stuff.)
therefore, i would like to display my own window for the settings like the 3D-assistants plug-ins of digital anarchy do. but: how do i do that? did the people of digital anarchy actually use ae sdk? or will i have to mess around with c++ windows and stuff?!

i understand this would be easy with scripting, but as i am going to work commercial, i can't have the source code lying around unprotected from curious viewers...

thank you! (excuse my english)

julia
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2007 May 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MFC_Shifter sample in the Windows AE SDK shows how to display an MFC dialog from the plugin's "Options" hyperlink.

Alternatively you can go straight to the Windows or Mac API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2007 May 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently thought about using the ADM, but this won't be supported in AE CS3 and I would have to start over again...

Well, thanks, maybe I try what's possible with MFC, even if it's not the smartest way to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2007 May 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's me again...

I was trying to get an AEGP with an MFC window like in the MFC_shifter sample. Therefore, I copied the MFC_Shifter project and changed everything around (think so) to get an AEGP instead of an effect.

I noticed the differences in the properties of MFC_Shifter - I guess that has something to do with the MFC stuff? There are changes in C++/Code Generation/Basic Runtime Checks and Runtime Library, and in C++/Precompiled Headers/Create/Use PCH through file (stdafx.h instead of AE_Effect.h).

I did everything like it was with the MFC_Shifter sample, but still I'm getting some "unresolved external symbol" error (LNK2019) with the "AEGP_SuiteHandler" calls for my obj File. I know this should mean there is some library missing, but I have no idea what the thing still wants from me. All Header directories are linked in the Additional Include Directories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Add the AEGP_SuiteHandler.cpp file to the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines