• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write-on effect curved line and straight line

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a whiteboard video with the write-on effect in AE. But somehow halfway through the write-on line changed from a line with curving/smooth lines to straight lines (see attachment). On the left the line curves as I make a circle, suddenly that stopped on the right.

What did I do wrong? 

adobewriteon.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

That's entirely dependent on your keyframe timing and easing, but since you aren't showing us your keyframes and paths we can't tell you much about it. The solution would be to spread out the keyframes and apparently adjust their easing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Select the keyframes, righ-click and change the keyframe interpolation. Apparently this is some weird bug, but the other way around than you would think. The effect calculates a Bezier interpolation for the first few keyframes even if they are set to linear. This seems to have lingered ever since the old days as I can even replicate it here on my old decrepit machine using CS6.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's entirely dependent on your keyframe timing and easing, but since you aren't showing us your keyframes and paths we can't tell you much about it. The solution would be to spread out the keyframes and apparently adjust their easing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply! Here is a screenshot of my keyframes. The line on the left side of the drawing automatically adjust its curves depending on where the next keyframe is.

adobewriteon2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the keyframes, righ-click and change the keyframe interpolation. Apparently this is some weird bug, but the other way around than you would think. The effect calculates a Bezier interpolation for the first few keyframes even if they are set to linear. This seems to have lingered ever since the old days as I can even replicate it here on my old decrepit machine using CS6.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help! To bad it's a bug but I can finish my project now :). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what motion path you were trying to adjust, but you can open any layer in the layer panel and select the property with any kind of motion path, then edit that path with the pen tools. I almost never rely on spatial path interpolation to edit motion paths. 

Here's how to edit a Write On Path in the Layer Panel:

RickGerard_0-1662056819784.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines