Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XCode & all the tricky settings...

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2007 Mar 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So, I am the slowest plugin developer in the world. I've got this set of 4 or 5 terribly clever plugins that I've been tinkering with since, oh, mid 2003 or so. I've finally got a spot of time to try to tidy them up and share them (probably as freeware).

So, trying to switch from Metrowerks (rest in peace) to XCode... I think it's nearly working but maybe missing part of my link?

In After Effects 7.0, I get a dialog box:

After Effects error: couldn't load plug-in "omino_color_extract.plugin" (problem with fragment "") -- bad parameter (-50). (48 :: 29 ) OK.

Questions:
1. What's the next logical step, to debug this problem?
2. IF it's in fact a link error, is there some way to trick XCode into reporting the problem before actually launching After Effects and clicking around? (Maybe a simple test harness that drives linkage or something...)

Any guidance, general or specific, most welcome! Thanks for reading...
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2007 Mar 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... ok. By squinting very, very hard at the XCode Target Settings for my project and SDK_Noise, I was at last able to get all my linker symbols lined up and accessible...

Whew.

I am interested to hear if anyone has a build-and-test flow other than "run it inside After Effects and see if it looks right", though... Anyone?

Cheers! --> dvb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's a fine workflow. ;)

That error message means the OS couldn't load everything upon which your plug-in depends, and/or has problems with the entry point exported in the PiPL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines