• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

xyz arrows show but I can't select them to move them

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all, I'm working with 3D cam and a handful of images and footage in 3D. I'd like to move my camera by its xyz arrows to avoid having to scroll the position transformation numbers and change the point of interest for every move, as I want my camera to maintain its perfectly facing forward focus. But when I hover my cursor over the arrows, the letters (xyz) don't appear and I am unable to select and move them. Double checked to make sure I am in select mode, and I am. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can use the Unified Camera tool to make such movements. Alternatively, you can switch to 2 views (one from Active Camera and one from Top) to make the adjustments manually with x,y and, z controls. You can change the view from Top to Front, Right or Left depending on the movement you need. Check out the screenshot.

2 view.png

Let us know if it's not what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Nishu! Yes, I am in two view mode and should be able to move arrows, but I can't. It isn't always a problem, as most of the time I can use the arrows. But every now and then, when I move the footage or an image, the xyz arrows on camera (and often the other elements) will stop being moveable for some reason. That's what I'm trying to figure out: Any further thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, nishu_kush, the response unfortunately doesn't solve my problem, so am hoping for further insight why the xyz arrows won't move. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delayed response. Does it happen with all the projects? Have you tried resettings the preferences of After Effects to make the settings default: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

In the meantime, please share the information mentioned by Mike.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the camera layer and hit the "U" key twice in quick succession. This will show all keyframes and non default properties for that layer. Then take and upload a full size screen shot of your composition window and the opened timelayer layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines