• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow audio to be controlled via Essential Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't seem to be any way to make audio editable in a mogrt, would be great to be able to do things like link audio levels to a checkbox to make it possible to enable/disable through the Essential Properties etc.

Currently manipulating audio with Essential Properties appears to be impossible

Idea Acknowledged
TOPICS
Expressions , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Hi @JLEBGames,

Thank you for making this report. Audio is not currently supported within MoGrTs or Essential Graphics/Properties, so I've moved the post to our Ideas section.

What kinds of use cases would you have for modifying audio in MoGrTs? Would it be something you use in every project or only occasionally?

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
33 Comments
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i use the dropdown controller to switch visual elements, you cant switch the audio elements with it. 
Then you need to clutter Premiere Pro with sound files every time you pull out an mogrt template and manually place it there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for Audio to be supported. Im tired of making millions of versions of my MOGRTs. Whats the point of a dropdown Menu, if the Audio doesnt update with choosing a different element. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this will take 12 years to implement because it will require both AE and PR teams to work together. Can't imagine the morale there after the whole TOS debacle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my voice. I am creating dialogue boxes, and each character who gets a dialogue box has a different sound to go with it. It would be so much easier if I could just drag and drop the audio file instead of having to properly time it every time. I imagine better and more universal usecases could include the ability to easily change languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding yet another voice to support this. Using a mogrt is handy, but being able to do one with responsive audio controls would be amazing! Hopefully Adobe can see there's continued interest and will listen to the requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to this. would be incredibly useful especially when using any form of audio effects e.g. audio waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would be useful for exemple with using "Audio Spectrum" effect on Mogrt.
We coul swap the sound/video in the Essential Graphics window and then the effet change dynamicaly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I just spent 2 hours figuring out how to change the volume and pan of a sound effect depending on the screen position of my motion graphic in After Effects via script, just to find out that none of those adjustments translate into Premiere once exported as an Essential Graphics - what a bummer!!!
I also just realized that as soon as you include sound effects in your MoGrTs it breaks the responsive design and the Essential Graphics are no longer expandable in Premiere.
This really should be fixed as soon as possible and I don't understand why it still doesn't work after almost 2 years this issue was mentioned. Especially because in After Effects it seems to work perfectly fine: you can easily control the volume of multiple sound effects via a Slider in the Essential Graphics panel via script. Interestingly the settings you have set in the After Effects Essential Graphics panel gets saved into the MoGrT correctly once you export it but then just stay static like that in Premiere forever - really weird! It should just get updated like everything else...

Possible use cases:

1.  Adjusting the pan of a sound effect according to the screen position of a motion graphic - e.g. if the graphic flys in from the left side of the screen the pan (Stereo Mixer) is automatically set to the left level.

2. Adjusting the volume of multiple sound effects via a Slider instead of having to change the volume of each sound effect individually in Premiere.

Idea how to not break the responsive design with sound effects in a MoGrT:
Instead of dragging the whole sound effect onto the timeline in After Effects there should be an option to trigger a sound effect just by a single keyframe. If that keyframe is within the Protected Regions of the timeline they should move accordingly like every other keyframe once the length of the Essential Graphic is adjusted in Premiere.

This would save us so much time not having to place all the sound effects in Premiere every time we want to use an Essential Graphic with sounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate