• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a checkbox or something to allow users to opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects.

I already have a valid perpetual license for Cinema 4D R19 Studio. R21 is pointless as it only allows me to use a trial license or purchase a license. The application is useless for those who already own a commercial license.

To make matters worse, I must uninstall it every time there is an update for After Effects. Quite frankly, I consider it bloatware. It useless and it wastes space on my hard drive.

I understand that there are people who don’t already own C4D who would find this useful which I why I think the ability to opt-out would make both sides happy.
Idea Released
TOPICS
Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to make this request and upvote it. We're happy to announce that the installation of C4D is now optional in After Effects 2023 (version 23.0). Full details are available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new/2023.html#C4D-optional-installer 

Thanks again for your feedback as we continue to improve After Effects,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
79 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the simple sake of a smooth user experience (re: letting the user fully control their experience and the apps being installed) Adobe should certainly include (somehwere) an option that a) notifies you that AE intends to install itself on a user's computer along with the Maxon software, and b) the option to opt out of this automatic installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the simple sake of a smooth user experience (re: letting the user fully control their experience and the apps being installed) Adobe should certainly include (somewhere) an option that a) notifies you that AE intends to install itself on a user's computer along with the Maxon software, and b) the option to opt out of this automatic installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's even more absurd in the latest AE Versions is that C4D Lite gets installed but if you want to use it, you first have to create an account at Maxon (collecting your contact details e.g. email) and you have to be signed in! This was not the case in earlier AE versions, C4D was just usable without extra action needed. Come on Adobe I did't bought a product from maxon but I should create an account for that third party company?!...
Even if it's a cost free account at Maxon - this is data collecting at it's best!
Adobe, if your AE installer installs C4D on my system than I should be able to use it right away!
Everything else I classify as scam 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've just being trying got find how this appeared on my mac and you solved the riddle for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make this install opt-in! Also its ALWAYS a BAD idea to silently install something! This shouldn't even have to be voted about! What most likely will happen here is that not enough people vote about this and the issue will disappear into he void and never be fixed! Not sure why I am even writing this, no one at Adobe will ever read it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you (Adobe) plan to start including a fully-licensed version of Cinema 4D in my Creative Cloud subscription (without jacking up the price), then fine. Otherwise, please stop installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My drive space is limited and Cinema 4D is a big pig that I DON'T USE. Please provide an opt-in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eric Harris Yeah, if its a full version, fine. But I still want to be able to install it separately. I just uninstalled Cinema 4D for the 865th time! 😵 This is really starting to bug me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user here who thought they had some Malware that keeps on installing C4D behind their backs. After a google, I discover it's Adobe installing bloatware - let us choose what we want to install - we don't do 3D work so have zero need for this software. Very bad user experience Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh for Gods sake! They are STILL forcing this install! How hard can it be to make it optional!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for how extremely frustrating it is to have to uninstall Cinema 4D EVERY time AE gets updated. Once is enough but for it to keep force installing all the time is ridiculous. Wouldn't is be more sensible to include a tick box during install? Do you really have to force any and all AE users to deal with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's for every bloody update, I have to uninstall this nonsense, even if its just a bug fix update. PLEASE. STOP. INSTALLING. IT. SILENTLY. ALREADY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is clear Adobe doesn't care what we say. Does anyone have a solution to blocking the install? Maybe flagging it as a virus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carl Soderholm Indeed! Another option would be to send them an invoice for time wasted and SSD wear & tear each time we uninstall. 😒

I have been considering to find a way to block the install, but not really sure how to do it nor do I really have the time to mess with it. But I am getting more and more motivated, to be honest!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like probably many of you, I live in the EU. Have to check out the possibilities because this practice is definitely against the law here.
jeva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe Adobe feels entitled to keep reinstalling 1.3Gig worth of software I do NOT want, and never asked to have installed in the first place.

Expecting users that don't want it on their system to keep on having to uninstall it? That's so 'last century'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost count how many times I have removed Cinema 4D from my machine only to find it taking up my C drive space again after the next AE update... Not giving users an option to opt out of Cinema 4D during AE installation is one thing but force installing it every time AE is updated is frankly ridiculous. Please stop doing this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what about magic bullet suite?
jeva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@iván Sárosácz I don't think Magic Bullet suite is installed. Maybe there's been a demo of it previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Mats Blixt Just uninstalled it and I don't remember ever installing it. Actually I uninstalled it from two of my computers and I am 110% sure I did not install it on the other one that I use for one special after effects weekly stuff. There were two versions of it in the settings/apps that I could uninstall.
jeva

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Iván Sárosácz it will also reinstall at the next update of AE, even if it is a small update with just bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@iván Sárosácz Haven't got Magic Bullet in my uninstall list. Are you maybe on Mac?

I am seriously considering to start invoicing Adobe for every time I have to unistall Maxon! I am getting so sick of this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Mats Blixt I'm on win10 ... I'm not installing every update nowadays 'cause I hate uninstalling c4d every time, so I update every 4-6 month thanks to adobe.
jeva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@iván Sárosácz Maybe Magic Bullet is installed by some other software than AE.

There's so many new problems introduced with the major updates, that I hold back with my updates as long as possible to. Also sick of that fact that user data migration STILL isn't working properly when doing major updates... 😒

Votes

Translate

Translate