Highlighted

After Effects - Stuck in fullscreen and toolbar is off screen - MAC

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I opened after effects after not using it for a few weeks and my screen seems to be in full screen but some of it is off the screen.

I am using a Macbook and can't find a keyboard shortcut to allow me to come out of the full screen.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks Rebeccaaf.png

It sounds like you need to reset the preferences.  This is from the After Effects manual:

Reset preferences

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.

• Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
  • Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects - Stuck in fullscreen and toolbar is off screen - MAC

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I opened after effects after not using it for a few weeks and my screen seems to be in full screen but some of it is off the screen.

I am using a Macbook and can't find a keyboard shortcut to allow me to come out of the full screen.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks Rebeccaaf.png

It sounds like you need to reset the preferences.  This is from the After Effects manual:

Reset preferences

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 3
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me on occasion as I move from large monitor to laptop while on the go. Just press Command+\ (macOS) and everything will snap into view on the smaller monitor. I assume Control+\ does the same thing in Windows. This works in Premiere Pro too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also got this problem, but it just suddenly happened when I was editing something, and I tried using Ctrl+Alt+Shift, and I also tried Ctrl+/, yet none worked. 

Can I get any help on this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0