• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMD+SHIFT+D not working to split layers

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate+split layers with the CMD+SHIFT+D shortcut and it's slowing down my workflow massively.

I have tried trashing preferences, restarting AE and changing the shortcut for splitting the layer and none of it has worked.

Has anyone got any suggestions? It would be really helpful.

Cheers.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

@TH3CULT  Any chance you have another app running on your machine that might simply be overriding/stealing the shortcut? Screen capture apps in particular have a tendancy to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing your preferences would definitely be the first thing I would have tried because it negates a lot of the other troubleshooting steps here, but even so, if you go to "Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts" and search for "Split Layer at Current Time" is the proper shorcut assigned to that command? You can also click on the keys in the UI above to bring up all shortcuts assigned to "Cmd+Shift+D." This will tell you if there's a conflict (although trashing your prefs should mean there isn't). 

What exact version of AE are you running? 17.1.3 just came out, although this wasn't a previous bug, so it's not like the update should fix it. Also, do you have the public beta installed? If so, have you tried there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried this method, and it didn't work, any update?

I want to split the layer and I used Ctrl+Shift+D but no luck! 😞

I searched my keyboard shortcut the command isn't there anymore!?

Can you help? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you trash your preferences? What specific (not just year) version of AE are you running? I use the public beta and I just confirmed that the command is still in the Keyboard Shortcut Editor when I search for "Split Layer at Current Time."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for getting back to me.

As you can see below there doesn't seem to be a conflict. I am running 17.1.3, it doesn't seem to be happening to my colleagues who haven't yet installed the update.

I have tried changing the split layer shortcut to a different combination of buttons and it still doesn't work?

What is the public beta?

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 15.06.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: public beta - this is what David is referring to: https://blog.adobe.com/en/2020/03/19/introducing-public-beta.html
It's already available directly within your Creative Cloud app by choosing "Beta Apps."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having this issue. This shortcut stopped working on a Win 10 computer. Preferences were trashed twice and I've tested two older versions; the problem is still there. AE works correctly on another Win 11 machine. Thanks for any help you can provide here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TH3CULT  Any chance you have another app running on your machine that might simply be overriding/stealing the shortcut? Screen capture apps in particular have a tendancy to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Kyle Hamrick , thanks for your answer.

It seems that's the issue in my case. I am running a screencapture app called Snaggit, and after closing the app completely, AE recognises the shortcut. You are a legend mate!

Before your message, my temporary solution was to create another shortcut. I hope that helps anybody with that issue in the future.

Thank you @Kyle Hamrick !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines