• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating .mogrt with adjustable keyframes for Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the newest update of AE and Premiere. I have a lower thirds template created in After Effects that animates in and out via the Position attribute. I'd like to make the source text, as well as the Position adjustable to accommodate different title lengths. When I export the .mogrt and open it in Premiere, the Position attribute is static and does not retain the keyframes from the After Effects project. So the lower third does not animate, it just appears and remains at one Position value.

I'd like for the Premiere editor not to have to re-keyframe the animation, and instead just adjust the values of the Position keyframes I've set in After Effects as needed. Is there a way to export this .mogrt with a "Position In" and "Position Out" keyframe already in place, with adjustable values for Premiere?

Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

I was able to create a workaround. It's not entirely pretty on the AfterEffects end, but it makes it easy for the Premiere editors.

The lower third is a graphic that animates in from right to left. Longer titles require it to animate further to the left than short ones.

I created a null object on Layer 1 with a slider control.

For the position of the lower thirds graphic, I used this expression:

t0 = inPoint;  

transitionDur = 2;  

holdDur = 5;  

// A, B : start/end value for the x coordinate 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you need to read up on howe to use the essential graphics panel and how to add animatable attributes to it...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct that this is the kind of information I'm looking for, Mylenium​

The lower thirds graphic has its position added to the editable properties in the Essential Graphics panel in AfterEffects. There is a slider to adjust it when opened as a .mogrt in Premiere. If the Premiere editor does not adjust the slider, it animates perfectly. However, if they adjust the slider to accommodate a longer or shorter title, all of the previous keyframes seem to be lost and the graphic no longer animates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to create a workaround. It's not entirely pretty on the AfterEffects end, but it makes it easy for the Premiere editors.

The lower third is a graphic that animates in from right to left. Longer titles require it to animate further to the left than short ones.

I created a null object on Layer 1 with a slider control.

For the position of the lower thirds graphic, I used this expression:

t0 = inPoint;  

transitionDur = 2;  

holdDur = 5;  

// A, B : start/end value for the x coordinate  

//A = initial position before animation

A = (2588)

B = thisComp.layer("Null 1").effect("Slider Control")(1).value; 

//C = 50; 

C = 2588;

y = value[1];                // or some constant numeric value like 0  

t1 = t0+transitionDur;  

t2 = t1+holdDur;  

t3 = t2+transitionDur;  

x = (time<=t1) ? linear(time, t0, t1, A, B) : linear(time, t2, t3, B, C);  

[x,y]; 

The Source Text for the Lower Third and the Slider Control for the Null Object go in the Essential Graphics panel. Export that as .mogrt and you have simple controls for Premiere with animations intact.

Credit to Adding Keyframes to Sliders in Essential Graphics where others were having a similar problem, and Advanced expression (position) question  where UQg wrote the expression I ripped off and tweaked the variables for my own comp. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm confused, does this lengthy expression force Premiere to add that clock/keyframe button next to given mogrt parameters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shoutout to Mylenium for being the most useless reply guy in the Adobe Community. Obviously he needs to read up on it which is why he is here. Perhaps Mylenium also needs to read up on it otherwise you could have provided a solution instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines