• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EMERGENCY AFTER EFFECTS GLOW EFFECT ISSUE

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO! I need major help! my glow effect ( after the whole robobrush tool and adding the outer glow into the selected layer ) is not smooth or spreading nicely. I tried to readjust everything under the outerglow effect settings and the glow around my objects are just thick transparent lines. I do not understand. Can someone explain what is wrong?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very hard to assess your issue from your description.  Can you post a screenshot of the problem comp, with all the glow parameters visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.40.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.40.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The main issue is the "Spread" parameter in your Outer Glow.  At 100% you'll just get a hard edged line, as you're seeing.  Set Spread to 0, then increase the Size parameter to expand the size of the glow.  You'll see a much smoother soft edged glow as a result.  You might also consider reducing Noise and Jitter, unless you particularly want a speckly looking glow.

You might also want to try the Effects/Stylize/Glow effect, rather than a Layer Style, which looks a bit more organic and can have Motion Blur without precomposing, which Layer Styles can't do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines