• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove thin black outline arount transparent video?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benjaminr46478353_0-1591761907576.png

So I made an animation in Animate and exported it with a transparent background as Quicktime GoPro CineForm RGP 12-bit with alpha

and its come out with this thin black border

dose anyone know why or at least what I shouold do to remove it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

One thing that jumps out is that your movie files seem to have the VLC icon, which makes me thing that VLC is being used for the file type association for video files? Did you transcode the files using VLC?

Regarding the black outlines, did you render the footage out with an alpha channel? Did you choose premultiplied or straight? It looks like the wrong file interpretation has been used for the Alpha channel. You can change this by selecting the movie in the Project panel, right click on it a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its hard to know without seeing the project. Please can you upload your project so I can take a look at it? If you go to File menu > Dependencies > Collect Files. Make sure to select "All Files". Save the folder, Zip it up and then upload it here.

Thanks,

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay sure!

here it is

I incluted the project and the origonal file

thanks so much by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that jumps out is that your movie files seem to have the VLC icon, which makes me thing that VLC is being used for the file type association for video files? Did you transcode the files using VLC?

Regarding the black outlines, did you render the footage out with an alpha channel? Did you choose premultiplied or straight? It looks like the wrong file interpretation has been used for the Alpha channel. You can change this by selecting the movie in the Project panel, right click on it and choose File > Interpret Footage > Main. In here try changning the Alpha channel interpretation to Premultiplied, choosing black as the color. Let me know if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD THAT FIXED IT!!

I could NEVER have found that out by myself wow thanks sumuch your a great help ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Angie, 

I'm having the exact same issue but this solution isn't working for me. Is there anything else I could try? 
I exported a video with transparent background using Alpha Channel from Davinci Resolve. I used the following settings:
QuickTime, GoPro Cineform, RGB 16 Bit. I imported it to After Effects and changed the interpretation to Premultiplied with the color black, but it's still showing the grey/black outline around the object and I don't know what else to try. 

Thanks,

Juana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines