Highlighted

"After Effects Warning: Unspecified Drawing Error"

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have been using After effects 2015.3. When I was rigging my character the warning come up I tried to click ok untill it gone. After that I moved the puppet tool the program crashes and shut my computer down. It happened when I'm moving the puppet tool. I through it because of my computer RAM but I already add more RAM yesterday now I have 16 GB. My laptop window is window 10. I would like to know how can I fixed this problem?Screenshot (14).png

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"After Effects Warning: Unspecified Drawing Error"

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have been using After effects 2015.3. When I was rigging my character the warning come up I tried to click ok untill it gone. After that I moved the puppet tool the program crashes and shut my computer down. It happened when I'm moving the puppet tool. I through it because of my computer RAM but I already add more RAM yesterday now I have 16 GB. My laptop window is window 10. I would like to know how can I fixed this problem?Screenshot (14).png

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have been using After effects 2015.3.

make sure its 13.8.1

After that I moved the puppet tool the program crashes and shut my computer down.

this could be many things. let's try the obvious:

1. clear the cache from preferences -> media&disk cache - both options
  2. reset your preferences by clicking Ctrl+Alt+Shift right after you launch the App. you will get a window to reset your preference - click O.K.
  3. this could be a GPU driver issue. what is yours? I would check and see that it's updated. if anything of this worked please update the thread.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, My GPU is GeForsce GTX 960M

My AE is 13.8.1

I will try to reset the preference. I have the same problem with you MisiSipos80​. My other computer also can work quite well.

Hope can solve this problem soon

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it is somehow connected with the custom layout? I reset the workspace and it works. Weird!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. When using my customized workspace, the error occurs. Switching to the standard one and everything works. I agree, it's extremely annoying. It started after I purged all memory & disk cache.

[EDIT] I created a new workspace, deleted it, tried to select another one and AE gave a pop-up error, telling me workspace.xml wasn't valid, that he would use a backuped file instead. All I could do is click "Proceed" and so far, the previews are working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects 2017 randomly started having this error for me as well.

I RESET MY WORKSPACE TO SAVED and it stopped immediately.

Not fun, but it worked. FOR NOW.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I switched to the standard layout and had no problems.

Anyone at Adobe on this thread? Could you helps shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of AE and getting the same issue.  The workaround of resetting the workspace works for me too, but it's annoying to have to do so.

Adobe, are you looking into this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reset Workspace workaround worked for me so thanks for that, but now RAM Preview seems a lot slower.

Not sure if that is because it is actually RAM previewing now.

Please sort this out Adobe, yes?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the previous poster's solution:

Simply revert to one of your default workspaces (e.g. Effects) and then reorganize your personal panels in a new workspace. (Don't save over your old one, make a new name for it).

This solves the problem. Perhaps Adobe will solve this inconvenience in a future patch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines