• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my Texture not displaying on a Plane in Element 3D.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I recently tried to attach a texture to a Plane I created in Element 3D The texture was downloaded as a PNG file, precomposed and designated to the texture 1 slot properly and when I applied the texture to the Plane as a diffused texture I get nothing. I have tried to designate other textures as well and got the same results. I hope i am explaining this correctly and can get some assistance or suggestions to resolve this. I really want to work with this texture in this project.

Thanks in ADvanced.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

So you did prepare your texture and put it into precomp

7.jpg

then you put e3D layer and e3D on it and assign your texture in custom texture in e3d settings

5.jpg

after that in e3D settings you assign your custom texture to your pane

6.jpg

And nothing?
Is that what happens? But when you try to apply your texture in diffuse window (last picture bottom right corner) you can see your texture but you can't see it on your plane or you can't see it in settings either?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you did prepare your texture and put it into precomp

7.jpg

then you put e3D layer and e3D on it and assign your texture in custom texture in e3d settings

5.jpg

after that in e3D settings you assign your custom texture to your pane

6.jpg

And nothing?
Is that what happens? But when you try to apply your texture in diffuse window (last picture bottom right corner) you can see your texture but you can't see it on your plane or you can't see it in settings either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is correct. What I see on the Plane model is the default (white) texture.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. So maby try to import any jpg file (does not matter what) and try to use as a texture and check if it showes. If it works - that meat that Element can see custom textures but for some reason can't see that exact precomposed texture of yours. Then we will look for that reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

I imported a JPG from file and used as texture and it showed up on the Plane Model But the Custom texture (Precomposed) did not show on the Plane Model. I even used a different jpg (precomposed as well) and it didn't show on Plane Model either.

Appreciate your efforts.

THanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that your precomp was made as I showed on first image (Move all atributes into the new composition) and make sure that you put effects inside that precomposition not on that precomp layer.
And if maby you could show us or tell what is going on inside that precomp.

We will try tu figure out what is going on and why it is not working as it should but as a last resort you can just export that precomp a s image (if that is static texture) or as a movie clip (if that is animated texture) and just use those files as that texture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever figured out? Mine is doing the same thing and for the love of it, I cannot figure out what's going on.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ,

I got the same problem as well

gabrielc41276167_0-1603564740853.png

it can't preview the texture which precomposed in ae, and also the resolution  showed  is 0,0..

any solution for this...?

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the same exact problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Had same problem and all solved in the version 2.2.2 previous version not loading the customize texture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am not able to see the preview of texture when i add it in the preview window where you can change brightness and when i add it i am not able to see it in element 3d but when i click ok and it goes to after effect i am able to see how to solve this problem : ( please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was asking my friend and he said that the frame of custom layer has to same with frame of E3D and the texture resolution is 1:1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it didnt work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any workaround on this ele3D issue, noticed that the precomp texture does not appear in extrusion (in scene). However, outside of scene, inside the main comp area texture will appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same thing, did you manage to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download the latest ver of element 3d 2.2.3
will fix it 100%, dw

ZEEM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the duration of my precomposed texture was the issue.  It was shorter than my main comp's.  Once I extended the amount of frames to match the main comp, my textures showed up again in the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy cow I was going mad over this problem! Just made the main comp shorter and everything works now, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of the plugin do you have? I have 2.2.0
I set the texture parameters exactly as in the main composition, but this did not solve the problem, maybe it's the plugin version? or something else I'm missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everyone....!

After Doing A Hardwork...I have now solved the issue

all u need is ( element 3d V2.2.3 )....

simplay everyone is using v 2.2 just update it

worked for meeeeee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines