• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to copy/paste keyframes between tracks

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to copy/paste keyframe placement between tracks. In this case, I changed the levels in certain areas of a music track that wasn't finished. Instead of going back and reinserting said keyframes at the same values in the finished file, it would be nice to select all keyframes in the unfinished file and paste them in the new file. I've tried doing this and all it does is copy/paste the actual file instead of its keyframes.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Multitrack editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice? Essential!

Come on Adobe? On what planet should be not be able to copy and paste key frames between, or even clips or tracks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A frustrating but possible workaround:

duplicate the clip with the keyframes you want to a new track.
convert to a unique clip so you don't alter the original.
replace (re-link to the other audio clip/file) then use this instead of the one that didn't have the keyframes.

frustrating work-around but it definitely works for cases where the files are similar in length. sadly if you wanted to say shift all the keys, selecting them all at once and shifting them together snaps them to a straight line, instead of keeping them relative to each other.

(I really hope this gets fixed, or someone can tell me how to do this in a more simple way!)

and yes @norman, I agree... ESSENTIAL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is this seriously not doable? That's insane. The ability to copy and paste keyframes was something I got used to doing when I did my sound engineering degree nearly fifteen years ago.

Jesus, Adobe. Get it together. Your software is genuinely pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate