• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Besides having after effect styles bins for organizing audio assets, it would be great to able to ma

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to how you can make smaller comps in after effects, and then import it into a larger project without merging the original assets; it would be great to be able to make audio 'comps' in audition. For example, in terminator 2, they used three or four different sound effects (including the roar of a lion) to create a distinct sound of the terminator shotgun. Instead of needing to lay down the four effects each time you want the shotgun sound, you could make a separate multitrack with the four sound effects, and then just nest that distinct 'comp' multitrack into the main multitrack. Then, when you need to make distinctions to that comp (like a shotgun fired outside vs in a hallway) you could apply audio effects to just the comp. You could have build up larger and larger too, so all you dialogue is nested together, music is nested together, etc, etc, so that eventually you have just one track that is the complete audio for your film. You double click on that, it breaks apart to dialogue, sfx, foley, background, music, and than you could double click on the music and it breaks it up to different instruments... and so on. They dont have anything like this in protools, when you create your distinct shotgun sound, you need to render it out, and thats it. Later on, if you want to change the shotgun sound, you need to re-render and replace each time you used the shotgun sound.
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience and interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT'S A FANTASTIC REQUEST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would the concept of nested sequences (like in Premiere) also be a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be quite cool. I usually have to do separate mixdowns and then open an entirely different session to go change the mixdown should I need to...then re-render...and open the other session again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To C Van Winkle... Yes, the after effects comps is the same idea as nesting in premiere. Technically i should have said that you 'nest' the comp into a larger composition/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please audition engineers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this same idea for years!!! We need this! Nesting multiple projects would be so nice!!!!!!! 

You could import the multitrack as a clip in another multitrack. Then double clicking on the clip would open the other multitrack. 

It could even bounce each time to a temporary file, so the program wouldn't have to process both multitracks at the same time. I really think this would set the program far ahead of competitors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate