• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: ADR tools

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Implement ADR tools like Nuendo or the new version 15 of Resolve. Come on Adobe, you must become the industry standard in Audio post.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Workflow or interoperability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, and you could (and should) be the best postproduccion software company. YES, YOU CAN!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your request. Can you be more specific. Maybe a prioritized list if we can't fit it all into one release, which thing(s) would you want first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest thing missing for ADR in Audition is "looping record" with preroll and postroll. Preroll is the amount time before the time selection and post roll is the amount of time after the time selection. When recording, just like when we recorded video masters in an online suite with tape decks, there was a 'rhythm' created by using preroll/RECORDING/postroll (just like a band conductor counting "1,2,3,4" before the band starts playing so they can all play in rhythm). It helps the talent find the rhythm of the line of dialog.

So, Preroll and Postroll would be set in preferences with a checkbox enabling beeps for "3-2-1-..." during Preroll and the Time Selection tool would set the actual record time. The take would pile up on top of each other in the track just like multiple clips can do now. (I've laid out this workflow in this very comment section a few times now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1: looping record
#2: Preroll and Post roll
#3: a way to audition and pick individual takes (a list in a popup window/panel or maybe double-clicking the track to open a nested composition with them?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lopping record must be able to make multiple takes on a subtrack, to keep organization, for example you have an actor doing multiple takes, the track is named with the actor's name, there must be a way to deploy the track and show the multiple takes and an easy way to mute clips in order to select best part of each take, also some sort of elastic tool to perfectly align each clip to lip sync. In this video from 0:45 to 5:45 can be seen the ol version of nuendo 5 ADR features. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBdhFrS5cY

Also a visual Prerrol Cue and Subtitles is a must. See also this video as a reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml0Rx7HdYGE&t=5s

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add loop record! It's a feature I've been using in Pro Tools since the early 2000's. I'm trying to move my workflow to just Adobe products and am new to using Audition and was shocked that loop recording for ADR doesn't exist yet.

Pre-roll beeps would also be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priority -
(1) looping record (or defined regions) to define a "punch in" duration for recording
(2) preroll/postroll
(3) "takes" panel - where the recorded takes go (ordered by region)
(4) rocking' record (after this 'special record' is clicked, play the last two seconds of the timeline and then start recording)
(4) streamers (visual line that moves across picture - 'record' starts when it hits picture edge) - used to help timing of the record point

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't got the v. 12.1 update yet a lot of the asked for features are now included in the new Punch and Roll feature. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of loop recording for ADR is meaning that my institution is considering moving to another DAW which is a hassle in several ways and a real loss in my view.

Film students learn about loop recording as part of the process of filmmaking, regardless of software platform. It is essential to the concept, so it really needs to be prioritized if Audition is to be legitimately involved in audio for video as a specialty. So many other things are excellent! Why is this basic function lacking????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Punch and Roll updates are fine for podcast recording, but they are insufficient for actual ADR to picture.

Priorities:

1) Loop Recording
2) pre and post roll
3) takes so as to be able to choose which one to use, or to comp between them
4) visual streamers
5) beeps

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loop recording
Ability to add stereo and mono tracks in one fell swoop (and not multiple calls to Add Tracks)
MIDI

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also need to be able to nudge/advance just the playhead in one-frame increments, regardless of zoom level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was drafted to teach advanced audio to University level film students this fall. With 30 years of experience in film sound, the content is right up my alley. I abandoned the previous teacher's multiple software "exposure" aproach in favor of focusing on their ears and the Adobe suite they all have on their laptops. Now I'm preparing the ADR section and my "OMG this is working!" switched to "WTF? How am I going to teach this?" 

The Automatic Speach Alignment and the elastic capability built into Audition are FREEKING cool!! You have combined several high end tools into an easy to use feature. NICE! We just need the basic ability to set a loop and record to playlists (or sub-tracks, or even a mess of regular tracks) because ADR is more than alignment and so comping remains a very real thing. 

Whats the odds that this can be implemented in two weeks so I can use it in class?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Whats the odds that this can be implemented in two weeks so I can use it in class?

to 1. As good a chance as you getting all the Audition big ticket users to agree, and then persuading Adobe corporate to implement it, and pay heaven knows how much overtime to get it done and tested in a fortnight...

Best joke I've heard all week!

Votes

Translate

Translate