• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composition window not

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue I'm having when trying to use After Effects on my brand-new laptop. I can't see anything in my composition (I know I don't have anything in it right now, but I should still see the black composition) and even when I try to view an image/video file, I cannot see anything.
I've updated my drivers. I've tried switching the "Video Rendering & Effects" between CUDA, OpenCL, and Mercury Only. I've updated my Windows to the latest version. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and even tried an older After Effects version. I have no clue how to fix this.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Performance , UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

If you've just installed AE or updated your drivers, give it a few minutes. You're running in AE 2023 and there was some code in there that would compile GPU shaders but the dialog to alert you to that may not show up. It can take a few minutes on certain configurations to complete that shader compile and that needs to be completed before the comp window will show a preview.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've just installed AE or updated your drivers, give it a few minutes. You're running in AE 2023 and there was some code in there that would compile GPU shaders but the dialog to alert you to that may not show up. It can take a few minutes on certain configurations to complete that shader compile and that needs to be completed before the comp window will show a preview.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded AE last night as well as updated my drivers then too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2024 Oct 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide your system specifications, including CPU, GPU, RAM, and OS version? This information will help us better understand your setup.

In the meantime, try running After Effects in Safe Mode to see if that resolves the issue. If it doesn’t, go to After Effects Preferences > Display and disable the “Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels” option.

Let us know the outcome, and we’ll assist you further!

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2024 Oct 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop Model: OMEN Gaming Laptop 16-ae0xxx
CPU: Intel Core i7-14650HX (16 cores; 24 Logical processors)
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics (16 GB) + NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU (22.9 GB)

RAM: 32.0 GB

OS version: Windows 11 Home: 10.0.22631 Build 22631

I tried using safe mode, but that didn't work. I'll double-check the "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels" settings, but I believe I checked that already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2024 Oct 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Joshua30927765j64j I'm also currently having the same issues as you right now, I've tried everything as well. But upon trying to fix it I found a weird work around which i do hope gets fixed, if you have a second monitor and drag AE into the second monitor instead of your main screen ( ur laptop screen ) it works fine. Idk why it just works but it just does  😭

Votes

Translate

Translate