• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow audio to be controlled via Essential Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't seem to be any way to make audio editable in a mogrt, would be great to be able to do things like link audio levels to a checkbox to make it possible to enable/disable through the Essential Properties etc.

Currently manipulating audio with Essential Properties appears to be impossible

Idea Acknowledged
TOPICS
Expressions , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Hi @JLEBGames,

Thank you for making this report. Audio is not currently supported within MoGrTs or Essential Graphics/Properties, so I've moved the post to our Ideas section.

What kinds of use cases would you have for modifying audio in MoGrTs? Would it be something you use in every project or only occasionally?

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
25 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't you just add a checkbox to your audio layer (and Essential Graphics) and add an expression like this to the audio level:

effect("Checkbox Control")("Checkbox").value ? value : [-192,-192];

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work if the comp is nested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JLEBGames,

Thank you for making this report. Audio is not currently supported within MoGrTs or Essential Graphics/Properties, so I've moved the post to our Ideas section.

What kinds of use cases would you have for modifying audio in MoGrTs? Would it be something you use in every project or only occasionally?

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also find this a feature that would be greatly helpful to be implemented. Currently, I'm having to make multiple instances of the same mogrt to cover off the audio versions. The brand has a specfic timing for the sound design, which they do not want altered by the editors. (Granted they can still mess it up in their edits, but then they have to take an extra step to do that, making it less likely overall.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have found many occasions already, where I would have liked to have flexible sound effects.

Say, you create a MOGRT, which has controls for certain timings in order to entertain varying needs on the PP side (longer/shorter voiceover section, longer/shorter footage to overlay etc.). I do that all the time through expressions. Now, in AE you can easily link an audio snippet/SFX to a variably timed event, like the start of a certain animation sequence or whatnot. All well.

But in PP, with all other timing related controls still working, the audio placement is immutable. That doesn't make sense to me from an application point of view. You are left with two options: 1. Use the MOGRT in PP to find the desired values and then export it from AE as footage, or fumble all the wanted audio into the right positions on a PP audio track.

Both defeat the purpose of a MOGRT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course we need this feature, it would be way better to onboard sounds variants within comps and set them through essential graphics.

Pretty much everything should be controllable this way, this is the foundation of any components based architecture, same as "props drilling" in web development.

Hope it will be solved for the next iteration 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will toss my request for controllable audio in MoGrT as well

My need is for my lower 3rds Essentials package to have specific audio to pair with a single name, two names, three names, etc... At current, the visuals/volume of each option is controlled by an on/off Checkbox. However, although the visuals change in Premiere, the audio remains locked. It will not actively run the 'change the dB to 0' expression that I have linked back to the on/off Checkbox.

This means making a 'no brainer' drag/drop mograph package requires the end user to first apply visuals and then drag in audio to match, which adds unnecessary steps and will inevitably introduce user errors.

So, yes. Please allow Essentials to control everything in the comp, not just visuals!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my voice to this!

We do a lot of projects that are set up to be rendered in a dynamic way. The enduser selects which edit, changes copy and uses it for specific markets/languages. It would be awesome to be able to include audio too for dynamic switching. Not only for possible language variants but also animation sfx could be swapped this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching on/off different audio layers would be great. My company provides pre-rendered video assets for vendors to use with the audio included in the files. With mogrt templates this would allow languages to be changed and graphics to be changed and items with different audio to be switched on or off in the template. For example, if a logo animation is switched off then the audio would be switched off too, but it would keep the other audio tracks that have been switched on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news for this feature ? I need to control the sound level of my ae layer in Essenctial Graphics !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client for whom I have made hundreds of mogrts, this is the first time they asked if I could add audio layers which could be turned on/off within the mogrt. Glad I found this thread so I can forward it to them so they know about this annoying limitation. Please address for future projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Controlling the volume is possible using the stereo mixer effect. Both Left & Right levels can be linked and then you can control the levels in % rather than db.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work in essential graphic on Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this deficiency of MOGRTS won't be resolved in the forseeable future or ever, I have given up on the ultra-controllable ideal usecase and instead started to resort to a very pedestrian way of using MOGRTS. If you need variable timings with attached SFX for certain animation events, chop the thing up on the PP timeline and make use of "hold frames" instead of timing controls. Naturally, this doesn't work for animation with continuous movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Louis27996156lj78 This only works inside the comp, within AE jumping out of it and switching via EG doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Controling audio with essential graphics would be very usefull. We are having serveral videos which 11 language variants. We'd like to have the possibility to turn on/ or the language needed as a property.

Hope ae will be updated concerning audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work with stereo-fx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on this? Working on an update for the same mogrt and could really use this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, works well in After Effects but does not function in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I join the others commenting here. I develop MOGRT-based end screens and want to offer my team the option of using music alone or combined with a voice-over slogan. While my setup works in AEX, with audio levels controlled by a dropdown menu, Premiere only utilizes the selected audio layer during the MOGRT export. I'd like to stay updated on any solutions to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to add my voice to this. Im trying to create a template utilizing the Audio Waveform effect, it would be great to isolate any audio layer in premire's essential graphics panel so that I could have an animated waveform attached to whatever audio track I choose in premeire. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish the people developing AE would put some effort in crucial features like this one instead of adding 3d gibberish when there's a ton of awesome 3d softwares out there that can render a complex sequence faster than AE can preview a simple shape moving with an echo effect 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn right! Let us as users choose what we want and think is necessary. 

So many stupid things that don't work.

I found 2 big Mogrt Bug's myself.

One is that a video that resides in precomps and it offset multiple times will not get replaced the right way in premiere;

And the other that embedded video files end up as missing video files (colored bars) when clients open the files!

Because AE keeps using absolute filepaths in the AEP instead of relative! Amazing this isn't fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

potential use case: 

Creating a MOGRT which looks like a wrapper to an embedded video. Within the MOGRT is a 'frame,' and a placeholder video with audio. In Premiere, a user could drag the MOGRT into a sequence and, in the Essential Graphics panel, replace the video with a file, and the video and audio would both update. Could be used in a video podcast when an editor wants to provide a video example of something the hosts/guests are talking about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If We are replacing a video in premiere pro using mogrt then audio of that videoshould also replace.

Votes

Translate

Translate