• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move playhead using keyboard shortcuts during playback

Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While editing a multitrack file I need to quickly rewind to the beginning and In point, resp., to be able to compare two tracks.

For this I'd usually use the keyboard shortcuts or (on my Windows machine). However, none of them work during playback.

Similar situation: I need to quickly rewind 5 or 10 seconds to rehearse a part in the audio. Audition is missing keyboard shortcuts to rewind a few seconds, too.

Please add the ability to move the playhead using keyboard shortcuts during playback, particularly:

(a)
Rewind n secs (add "n" to Preferences, so the user may choose how many seconds to rewind when hitting that shortcut key)

(b)
Rewind to beginning of multitrack/song.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Multitrack editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add: rewind to beginning of selection [extremely important]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A.D. has the idea.

Are Adobe Engineers not "auditioning changes" while editing audio, layering, adding/removing effects?
How does the team currently back up to the beginning of Selections?
Mouse, Point and Click?

The suggestion by A.D. is solid as stated above and consider...
1. More options in general for jumping to Previous/Starting Playhead location ( a ghosted dashed line)
2. Especially, within a Selected Section of a clip using the Time Selection Tool. Having the ability to go to the beginning of that will be AMAZINGLY USEFUL!

More articulate like M.D. said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't just want to move back to the beginning of a selection, I want configurable pre and post-roll without having to initiate recording via the new Punch and Roll settings. So if I make an edit, I want to be able to (with a shortcut key) play from at least a few seconds before that edit without having to use the mouse to manually reposition the playhead. I don't always want this behavior, so it shouldn't be a global setting. Using the spacebar to play/pause as normal should be allowed. The shortcut key also shouldn't toggle the default behavior of normal play/pause. It should just start playback and pre-roll based on my settings and, if there is an active selection, post-roll beyond the selection based on my settings, even if looping is enabled. So, for example, I want pre-roll at 3000ms and post-roll at 2000ms. So if I have a 5000ms time selection with looping enabled, it'll loop a total of 10000ms, starting 3000ms before the selection, playing through the selection, and continuing to 2000ms after the selection before looping back to the beginning. If there is no clip or time selection, the pre-roll setting should still allow me to play my chosen 3000ms before the current position of the playhead. And then it'll play until the end of the track before looping back to the very beginning if looping is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need most this too. Please make it for Waveform editor, too. I need "30 second" (the 30 is a preference) skip forward and backward. How about also "half a page ahead" and back. It's like page ahead and back ( and keys), but goes to the middle - so useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have there been updates with this?
Like others Adobe, it would be extremely useful to jump back or forward a set amount of time when a cut or edit is made using the keyboard and not the mouse.
As Breezy pointed out, do Adobe engineers actually work in the industry of audio production?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to move the playhead back or forward 3 seconds at a time, so that when I've made a delete to cut out a bad section of dialogue, I can quickly skip back to see how it now sounds.

A user-configurable amount of time to jump forwards or backwards would be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also for it for all of the reasons listed below. I specifically looking to be able to rewind and determine the amount of n second

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very pro this feature as well. I am coming to Audition from Premiere and being able to quickly jump back/forward 1, 5, 10, etc seconds is integral to editing for me! Would love having this as a keyboard shortcut with a preference for how many seconds we can jump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. We need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please add ability to go back 3 seconds to listen to an edit. i could do this decades ago on early digital editors

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already mentioned. It is ridiculous not to have the ability to jump forward or back a specified number of seconds. I waste so much time reviewing audio and having to go to markers or fiddle around with the playhead. Right arrow = forward n seconds, left arrow back n seconds, with the ability to have a modifier to increase or decreas the n value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with everyone below. For a professional DAW product, it is crazy that a feature such as this is missing, especially for the price Adobe commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! And/or add in a "rewind N seconds and play". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023 and people requested this basic feature FOR YEARS!! 
Pleade adobe, do something about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see them actually using the product. I suspect they probably rarely do except for testing. And then I expect what they do is laboriously select and move positions via mousing on the wave form and on buttons.  Beginners or amateurs don't mind working this way. Real users meanwhile can suffer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suppose, no-one at Adobe is ever going to read or even consider any post in this community forum.

Let's be frank: Adobe just established this forum to be a playground for their users for chatting, quarrelling and have personal fun.

The only time an Adobe employee is ever going to read a comment here is when someone here is reporting a comment. And this poor soul at Adobe is just some underpaid low-rank staff member.

Votes

Translate

Translate