• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print module list of page sizes doesn't update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic's Print Module, the Page Setup pop-up menu that lets me select a paper page size no longer changes when I switch printers. This used to work (I have been printing in LR for years) and I can still print to the printers. I just can't tell LR the page size I want.

I have no issues in other apps (PS, QImage, etc) which correctly show me the list of supported pages sizes. Indeed, LR seems to know about the options as the "Printer..." dialog has a Scale to fit paper size option that is correct. It just looks like the Page Setup list of print sizes never gets updated and stays on the "Any Printer" default list.

I'm on a recent Macbook Pro M3 running current Sonoma (14.4) , latest version of LR (I tried deleting, re-installing, installing prio version, rebooting laptop, updated print driver, and anything else I could think of to no avail). Main printer I use is a Canon Pro 100, but same issue on another printer. And as I say, PS (etc) has no issues.

I can partially get around this with custom page sizes, but I can't trick the printer into doing borderless prints that way.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Note: We are tracking this internally but have a dependency on the OS manufacturer to supply an update. 

This thread will be notified when there is a change. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
102 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depuis le passage à Mac OS 14.4, le module impression dans LRC ne fonctionne pas correctement.

Ex: Avec imprimante Canon Pro 1000 quand je vais au module impression et mise en page il ne reconnaît pas les tailles par ex A6 avec ou sans marge...pour A4, A3 ,A2 aussi

J'ai testé sur la version précédente de Sonoma il n'y a pas de problème.

Est ce que ce bug est connu 

[moved from bugs to discussions according to the community rules - Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic's Print Module, the Page Setup pop-up menu that lets me select a paper page size no longer changes when I switch printers. This used to work (I have been printing in LR for years) and I can still print to the printers. I just can't tell LR the page size I want.

I have no issues in other apps (PS, QImage, etc) which correctly show me the list of supported pages sizes. Indeed, LR seems to know about the options as the "Printer..." dialog has a Scale to fit paper size option that is correct. It just looks like the Page Setup list of print sizes never gets updated and stays on the "Any Printer" default list.

I'm on a recent Macbook Pro M3 running current Sonoma (14.4) , latest version of LR (I tried deleting, re-installing, installing prio version, rebooting laptop, updated print driver, and anything else I could think of to no avail). Main printer I use is a Canon Pro 100, but same issue on another printer. And as I say, PS (etc) has no issues.

I can partially get around this with custom page sizes, but I can't trick the printer into doing borderless prints that way.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheesh, sorry, posted to wrong area. My mistake. I've re-asked under the LR Classic area. Can't see a way to zap this question. Again, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know the answer to this, but someone else was just talking about a similar-sounding problem on a different Lightroom Classic forum, with no good answers so far:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/page-setup-paper-sizes-missing.49781/

So it’s possible that there might be a problem in macOS 14, Lightroom Classic, or the printer driver software, not sure which. A moderator might consider moving this thread into the Bugs section of this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Agreed, it does appear to be the same issue. I'll monitor that thread as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C’est exactement le même problème que j’ai signalé le  10 mars 

Print Module not working

Il  faut donc attendre une mise à jour est-ce que Adobe est au courant ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked if Adobe knows about this. I don't know.

Hopefully someone can comment on whether Adobe monitors these threads? Is there a formal mechanism for raising it to their attention?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Conrad C 

It would not be appropriate to move this to Bugs as this problem is not reproducible with the instructions provided. 

I have tested and can switch reliably between a Canon MX920, Canon Pro-100, Epson SC-P600, and an Epson SC-P800. The paper size list updates as expected with each switch as well as between any of these printers and the Any Printer list. 

Tested LrC 13.2 on Mac 14.3.1

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the same missing paper size issue and more. Try swapping between portrait and landscape on any paper size. I created a custom 17x25 paper size and did a print and it came out all screwed up - shoved up in the upper left corner with 50% of the cell missing off page to the left. I've printed a 1000 prints just fine and did 15 yesterday that came out perfect. What I did do is upgrade to MacOS Sonoma 14.4 this morning so that's my suspect number one for these issues. Doesn't Adobe test this software with the Apple betas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick. This is related to Sonoma 14.4. Only LrC (and apparently COne which I don't use). So the fact that you can't repro on 14.3.1 is a data point.

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series
**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)
**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked a few other apps, including Photos, Safari and Excel - these all work as expected and show the extended list of sizes appropriate for my printer (P800). LrC only lists the default paper sizes per Printer Settings.

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OUI BUG AVEC MAC 14.4

il s'agit d'un Bug avec Photo quand j'imprime avec Canon Pro 1000 je vois les bons formats ex: A6 avec ou sans marge etc

Mais avec Lightroom je ne vois pas le format

Donc incompatibilité avec Sonoma 14.4 et LRC

On ne parle pas de la même version d'Os vous ne parlez  pas de la dernière version de Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Rikk Flohr is on this thread. This needs to be raised as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk,

I'm having the same Page Setup problem described by the OP (Michele). I upgraded from MacOS 14.3.1 to 14.4 on Monday, 4/11 and lost the ability to select paper sizes (no pop-up menu right-extension). As I had a set of prints due for my final presentation on Tuesday, 4/12, I was definitely worried. I replaced the print driver, worked with Apple to downgrade, erased the Mac, and rebuilt it twice from backups. All to no avail. Luckily I found a Mac that hadn't been upgraded and had LrC 13.2 to finish the job. I've enclosed screen shots of my Page Setup choices in LrC and Ps to illustrate the differences. Thanks for your consideration. 

Work environment: 1) Mac Studio (M1 Max) and MacBook Pro (M1) both now running macOS Sonoma 14.4; 2) Epson SureColor P900 with firmware KI15O1 (latest); 3) Creative Cloud 6.1.0.587, LrC 13.2, Ps 25.5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible background info…AppleInsider is reporting that users of other printers are noting issues caused by macOS 14.4. I do not know if that is related to this problem, but if it is related, this info might give Adobe and others an angle to try and identify the real cause of this problem. You can follow the links in the article below and see if the other users’ configurations have something in common with yours (for example, using JAMF, Windows Defender crashing CUPS, the CUPS software completely missing, etc.) CUPS is the software that macOS uses for printing, and I think it originally stood for Common Unix Printing System before Apple acquired the software.

The macOS Sonoma 14.4 update is breaking printers for some users - AppleInsider

Unfortunately, I also can’t reproduce this problem. I have an older Intel Mac on macOS 14.4, and I just successfully printed from Lightroom Classic 13.2 to Epson and Canon printers on the US Letter paper size. So it looks like there may be some other factor affecting this in addition to macOS and Lightroom Classic, such as those mentioned in the article linked above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a poorly written article. In any case, what we are talking about here is specific to Lightroom Classic (and possibly Capture One). Printing does work (printing now), paper sizes are not being populated on LrC except for MacOS's idea of a default set. But they are on most other applications. And I can attest that CUPS has not been removed from my system. If it wasn't, no application would be able to print. You can verify if CUPS is present by entering the following command in terminal:

cupsctl WebInterface=yes

and then you can access it easily through its web interface at: http://localhost:631

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the latest Sonoma update. What can I do????

Most page sizes are missing, including borderless:

Screenshot at Mar 15 20-16-57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two options (I've tried both):

1.  create new custom sizes. Needless to say, this is a PITA but it is doable. Sometimes you need to do this for special sizes - like I use 17x25 paper which isn't a known size when this works.
  2.  Export the photo to Photoshop (with Lightroom Edits), and print from there. No need to do anything to the image at that point other than print. All the paper sizes including borderless and rolls should be present and honestly the PS print configuration is less confusing and soft proofing is in the print dialog which is helpful. Plus no 4 different Print... buttons like LrC! I did a borderless using this approach. There was a tiny difference in size which, with borderless, resulted in a sliver of paper that didn't get printed. I don't normally print borderless and that's been problematic with rolls in LrC in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem as yours for a few days, after updating to the latest mac os I can't select the paper size. On other apps there are no problems... only on lightroom and capture one 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho do we report this as a critical bug?
@RikkFlohr 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quoting another user @michele98A1 - and I have verified this with Epson P800 printer and a number of applications including PS, Preview, MS365, MacOS Photos as well:

"In Lightroom Classic's Print Module, the Page Setup pop-up menu that lets me select a paper page size no longer changes when I switch printers. This used to work (I have been printing in LR for years) and I can still print to the printers. I just can't tell LR the page size I want.

I'm on a recent Macbook Pro M3 running current Sonoma (14.4) , latest version of LR (I tried deleting, re-installing, installing prio version, rebooting laptop, updated print driver, and anything else I could think of to no avail). Main printer I use is a Canon Pro 100, but same issue on another printer. And as I say, PS (etc) has no issues."

Problem is specific to LrC (tested on latest 13.x version) and apparently Capture One, but other applications including PS are working as designed.

Workarounds:

1.  create new custom sizes. Needless to say, this is a PITA but it is doable. Sometimes you need to do this for special sizes - like I use 17x25 paper which isn't a known size when this works.
  2.  Export the photo to Photoshop (with Lightroom Edits), and print from there. No need to do anything to the image at that point other than print. All the paper sizes including borderless and rolls should be present and honestly the PS print configuration is less confusing and soft proofing is in the print dialog which is helpful. Plus no 4 different Print... buttons like LrC! I did a borderless using this approach. There was a tiny difference in size which, with borderless, resulted in a sliver of paper that didn't get printed. I don't normally print borderless and that's been problematic with rolls in LrC in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a bug: Print module does not display all paper sizes in L... - Adobe Community - 14495137

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is the report. It has not been confirmed as an Adobe Bug.  All subsequent reports will be merged into this thread and if investigation determines this is Adobe's bug, this thread will be updated. 

@GinJeff 's report has been merged into this thread

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Page Setup in LR Classic, I see the following options for paper sizes:

BadlyDrawnBoy_0-1710693271101.png

These look like European sizes. There's no 4x6, 5x7, etc., and no borderless options.

In Photoshop 2024, I see the correct list of options:

BadlyDrawnBoy_1-1710693325540.png

This is the list I'm familiar with. I can print 5x7 bordlerless with my Canon PRO-300. 

Any idea what's happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate