Exit

Can't Modify or Remove User Preset Lightroom 8.3.1

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm using LR Classic 8.3.1 Camera Raw 11.3 on a macOS Mojave 10.14.6

I'm having an issue with my user presets, not sure when it started but I tried to update with current settings on one of my presets and I only had the following options (add to favorites or apply on import as shown in the screenshot below).

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 10.22.57 AM.png

It looks like my presets are all in the right folder, so i'm not sure why i'm getting this issue.  Now when I create a new preset, everything looks normal, but then that leaves me with the issue of deleting the old presets which lightroom won't give me the option to do.  Even deleting the old preset from the finder won't get rid of it in lightroom after a restart.  Have you guys ever seen this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

You likely have copies of your presets stored in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings or a subfolder of that folder. LR loads presets from that folder first before loading from /Users/user/Library/... It considers presets stored in /Library as built-in and won't let you update or delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely have copies of your presets stored in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings or a subfolder of that folder. LR loads presets from that folder first before loading from /Users/user/Library/... It considers presets stored in /Library as built-in and won't let you update or delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that worked I went in there and deleted my presets out of that folder, now my presets are all editable, you're the man.Tthank you!  #John4MVP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines