• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was able to connect with a support person and she was able to fix my Behance login to ask my date of birth, so now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has to do with the age, since i haven't entered it any where. I think i have to delete my old behance account in order to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya lo encontré, vete a creative cloud y busca Behance..ahí se cambia

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone ! I am Lou and i am 22 years old.

AI in photoshop beta is not allowed for people under 18 yeard old.

As i told before, i am 22, almost 23 but i received this message ! Please help me, thank you !

Capture d’écran 2023-05-26 à 21.24.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, i'm 21 turning 22 next month and when want to use the generative fill tool it says i couldn't use it because I'm under 18. does anybody know how i can verify my age in Adobe? Thank in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody 

I just wanted to try the new generative fill feature and installed the beta Version. However when I want to use it the program displays the following error message that I have never seen and can not get any information on. It says "This function can currently only be used by people who are at least 18 years old. Your account shows that you are not yet 18. " 

christianm99205656_0-1685130636258.png

I am actually 37 and have a credit card in my account - I have no idea where to verify my age or put my date of birth at all. Have not found any info about the error anywhere. 

Support would be greatly appriciated. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@empresshari 

Thank you for letting us know. A few others are having the same issue and this is all new to us. Do you know what Adobe Customer Care did that made it work for you?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lou30092498w3l3 Why is the Generative Fill button not available?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @blitznmedia Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Why is the Generative Fill button not available (greyed out or message stating age verification)?

IF you cannot change or enter your age in Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am getting an error like

This feature can only be used by those 18 and older at this time. Your account shows that you're not yet 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Beta doesn't allow generative fill because it says I'm not 18 years old, where can I set this up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.6 installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly, I'm sorry. She had me log out of CC and force quit a few Adobe items in Activity Manager (I think, I'm not at my computer now to verify terminology) then launch Behance and it asked to verify my DOB immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you enter your DoB, I can't find any option.  This really is silly.  How do they think it is paid for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Matt30088145ic38 if you do not see a DOB entry based on the directions above, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Привет.
Как изменить возраст в фотошопе?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe all someone would need to do is go to the main Behance page and click the blue "Sign Up" button at the top:

https://www.behance.net

If you already have an Adobe ID, but no date of birth is associated with it, then Behance should ask you for your DOB.

If you don't already have an Adobe ID, then it will also create an Adobe account for you.

Either way, if you are 18 or older, it should establish your DOB in Adobe's system which would allow you to access Generative Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im 26... wt...

how i fix this

HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ProDesignTools its been noted by the team that if someone has an existing Adobe ID they may not get a prompt in Behance for DOB. In cases like this Adobe Customer Care is the only option. They can reset the setting allowing them to enter the DOB confirmatoin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any know how to fix the account that prove older the 18 years , to allow me use generative fill?

This message show every time I try to use  Generative fill. I dont know how to set the account to show that i older then taht

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Go to the main Behance page and click the blue "Sign Up" button at the top:

https://www.behance.net

If you already have an Adobe ID, but no date of birth is associated with it, then Behance should ask you for your DOB.

If you don't already have an Adobe ID, then it will also create an Adobe account for you.

Either way, if you are 18 or older, it should establish your DOB in Adobe's system which would allow you to access Generative Fill.

If that doesn't work, then the only other option is to contact Adobe Customer Care directly and ask them to set or confirm your DOB in their system. You can often connect to them via live online chat:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Or to contact Customer Support by phone, go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html for a comprehensive list of phone numbers by geography including hours and languages.

*** Note that Adobe does not do support by email, so beware of scammers and answering anyone who sends you a private message via this forum. ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, already had a Behance account and did not get a prompt and no place to enter DOB in account settings. Chatting with support was quick and easy and they solved it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate