• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: UPDATE popup won't go away

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't figure out how to get rid of the brown popup that will not move.  Asking me to update PS.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hi @Pp301153929odi this is part of using the beta software - there is a new version out and so this version is deprecated and should no longer be used. There is no way to remove this unless you upgrade your beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
68 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I’ll try that. --

<removed personal information>

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I'm not a tech sorta guy so complicated solutions aren't helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@faffyrd couldnt be simpler - unisntall the version you have, then go to the Creative Cloud desktop app and install the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all the tricks and nothing works so far (for me anyway). I have version 25.0.0 on Mac. I just closed Photoshop, signed out of the Creative Cloud app in my top menu bar, then signed back in and opened Photoshop and it's gone... aaaand as I'm tyoing this message it popped up again. Really annoying.

Geez... do better Adobe.👎🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bobbydcee is there a reason you have not updated the Ps beta to the latest? 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.1.0 20230920.m.2336 7cff1e8 x64

This is a sure fire way to get rid of the time to update popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 3.12.45 PM.pngOnly this: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bobbydcee 

Try resetting Prefs for the Beta:

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/ Photoshop Beta Settings (Mac Ventura)

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ \(Beta\)\ Settings (Mac)
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Settings )Win)

Launch BETA Photoshop While Pressing The Keyboard Shortcut

With Photoshop closed, press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) on your keyboard and then Launch Photoshop the way you normally would.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I just want to work, no time for upgrading and watch annoying pop-ups, it stops me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add that only updating the beta app doen't solve the issue with the pop-up.

You need to uninstall the app completely and then reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin Stohlmeyer is right, or at least for me. The only thing that worked for me was uninstalling the app with creative cloud app, reinstalling, popup gone. At least for now 😉

Thanks @Kevin Stohlmeyer 🙌🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Omnisciente_chile you are participating in a beta test - this isn't production Photoshop. Updating to current is a requirement for participating. Update (uninstall/reinstall) or choose to no longer participate. Complaining about the reality of the situation won't change things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FILIP315228140kfb uninstalling/reinstalling is the only way to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just closing PS Beta (quitting the app) removed this notification for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously Adobe notified you in the Creative Cloud application, where you could easily manage your applications, and that was fine. No need for pushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There absolutely is a need for pushes. It's how these beta tests work - if you don't have time for keeping absolutely up to date, these are not meant for you. Software in beta testing is not prodution-ready, that's why it's being tested.

You're not the target audience for the beta - please revert to using the normal official release version. It's great for many of us to be able to participate in beta-testing - this used to be 'closed', with only people applying to be beta testers getting the software.

Right in this thread I realized why that was probably a good idea overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have the same issue and I'm on the latest version 25.3 m2403.  Very annoying that it won't let you disable the popup.

Randy Brogen, M.Photog.M.Artists.Cr., CPP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin Stohlmeyer it actually could be simpler. I'm coming back here many months later to remind folks (becuase this is still happening, and people still seem confused) that the main thing that has been discussed on this thread is the initially confusing fact that Adobe Cloud does not show updates for betas, which leaves people wondering how to solve this. You have to specifically *uninstall* and then reinstall, hoping that the latest version shows up in the reinstall. End of the world? No. Annoying, given that they hound us with a popup without giving a simple upgrade solution, yes. There is no ability to simply *update/upgrade* - which would really be a very simple solution! Seems like a pretty 101 fix to me. If I'm not mistaken, Adobe is exchanging the beta services for useful feedback from users. Feedback: how about simply automating the updgrade (or at least SHOWING the new version) the like the alpha apps so we're all on the same page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@user25714136yrcc its normal for a beta to require complete installs for certain versions depending on the changes being made to the base code. Complaining about a voluntary beta program because it is an inconvenience is a non-starter.

It is voluntary. It will be buggy. It has certain parameters that must be followed to maintain the test environment. As I stated in August 29 - uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate