• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't detect GPU

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPUissue-3321f8dc-c013-4ae8-9560-75af634b4c6f-787384184.pngGPUissue-3321f8dc-c013-4ae8-9560-75af634b4c6f-787384184.png

Recently I just did an update of Photoshop to V22.3.1

After I launched PS, and then go to the performance dialog box, then noticed that it can't detect my GPU GTX1050i.

This was working fine with the previous version of PS. I suspect that the latest update had something to with this problem.

Thank you

BR,

FS Wong

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

This issue should be fixed in an upcomming release.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 156 Replies 156
156 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tylkko, @roshanz92 and all the above Found the solution 🙂

If you do this you have to install your apps again!

01-899a831b-4fb9-4365-94a4-fba19b372044-1420933308.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all has been told by us already. It would be nice if any of Adobe's representatives/developers would respond here and tell us when the fix for this is coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I succeeded to install version 22.2 and my GPU is Ok now.  Tnx for helping me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone who shared this temporary (and unexpected) fix of changing the language. I’m glad it worked for some of you. However in my case I cannot afford to simply make this change, since I have the Install Language in Creative Cloud set to “English (supports Arabic)” which obviously supports writing in my native language. I had it set to that option all the way from the beginning without a problem (and it should never be a problem anyway). I don’t mind having the UI language set to any version of English, but changing it from my current settings to “English International” means I will no longer be able to type in my language, not only in Photoshop, but in all Adobe apps. This is by no means an acceptable solution. It’s Adobe’s responsibility to fix whatever they have broken in the last version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following this particular thread for a while now (along with a few others). I also have many issues with my 1080Ti and Photoshop.🙄

Almost everyone here is a Creative Artist of some kind and many of us have deadlines to keep. This notion of "Beta Testing" problematic software is NOT an acceptable approach for ANY company that provides software for Professionals.

Although this forum is a wonderful place for Professional Artist to gather and complain, it is a platform that is moderated, closed off, and limited by Adobe.

One suggestion I have is to take ALL these screenshots & lists of computer specs, and errors to Adobe's PUBLIC facing Twitter posts....YouTube Page.....Facebook Page....and Instagram. Let the WORLD see how Adobe handles their clients and let the competition see where there is room for improvements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using photoshop since version 4.0, and I've never had so many issues since they go with Creative cloud platform, not just Photoshop but other software as well, Indesign specially. Only good thing within Creative cloud platform is that you can remove never version and use older version that works. Of course auto updates must be disabled. They are like Microsoft, they let go their internal testing team and they test their product on public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@roshanz92 

Thank you. I changed the language to english international and reinstall latest version 22.3.1 of PS and it works! I can now select "Use Graphics Processor"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my +1 to this issue since we are seeing it on several systems - primarily with Intel 10th and 11th Gen processors. Haven't seen it yet on AMD.

We can clear it up temporarily by deleting the "%appdata%\Adobe Photoshop 2021" folder, but that only works the next time Photoshop is launched. If we close and re-open Ps, the GPU shows up as "Unknown" again. So likely, there is something in those preference files that is causing the problem.

I also have system info output for both the first and subsequent runs of Photoshop after deleting that folder uploaded to my Google Drive if that helps troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this "solution" and it worked.... sort of and only temporarily: While PS did detect the GPU, brushes were behaving bizarrely (affecting areas I hadn't brushed). Tried rebooting and -- poof! -- GPU detection gone again. Am looking into competing apps, as this has gone on quite long enough and, as far as I can tell, Adobe hasn't addressed or even acknowledged the issue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been battling this issue for months, updating and then reverting Windows 10 several times... updating and reverting PS versions several times... nightmare. Today I got my fix after a 30 second chat with a Geek Squad employee. I am shaking my head at myself for not trying this, but hopefully this will help someone here....

I am running a Dell XPS Tower with an AMD Radeon RX 480 video card. My dell has 2 default HDMI ports, and then 4 additional HDMI ports directly to the video card. I have always had both my monitors connected to the Dell default HDMI ports. He told me to simply switch to the video card HDMI ports. Just did that and boom, PS is detecting my GPU again and all functionality is restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with the following configuration:

System Model:  Alienware Area-51m R2
Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 461.92

Rolled back from PS 22.3.1 to 22.2 and now it works fine. Anxiously awaiting a fix.

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a laptop, disconnecting my external display from HDMI and starting Photoshop also works for me. The GPU is detected and I can plug the display back in and GPU still works.
Needless to say I shouldn't have to do weird things like this but that's what I'll be doing for now until Adobe decides to care about their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*PNWDRONE

My Laptop got two display ports, 1xHDMI and 1xminiDisplay port. The HDMI output is from Intel GPU and Display-Port output from nVidia GTX1050Ti (4GB vRAM). I connect my 4K monitor (10bit/Color Channel) to the Display-port to enjoy the richness of colors. So after updated the PS to v22.3.1, then my GTX is not detected. So I reverted back to v22.3.0 then it's OK.

I still suspect PS latest version got a bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I originally posted this issue at the 1st place that PS can't detected my GPU GTX1050Ti in the performance screen.

Recently I did some things to my laptop...

1st I updated my GPU driver to the lastest Studio Version (nVidia)

2nd then I updated a new release of Windows 10 (regular minor update)

3rd I tried to reinstall again the lastest version of PS v22.3.1

To my surprise, now PS able to detect my GTX1050Ti again

GPUissuesolved-022f6b66-3972-4041-b33d-00b8ea61a047-1167745101.png

Strange things do happen? Or maybe PS had fixed the issue in the same release v22.3.1?

BR,

FS Wong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s great news! Have you restarted your Photoshop and computer to make sure it sticks after a full reboot? Also can you please share with us which NVIDIA driver version you currently have installed? And whether it is the Studio driver or Gaming driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, after full reboot, it's still there.

Here is the nvidia driver version

StudioVersion-bb29541c-59d3-4868-b390-c7ce7de830c5-1598384189.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you. I still need to reinstall Ps 22.3.1 again to be able to test this on my computer. Will share the results too as soon as I get the chance. Thanks a lot for sharing this update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My GPU drivers are up to date. I tried studio drivers dated 14.04.2021, it worked only untill i rebooted my laptop. I then reverted photoshop version to 22.3. - GPU was detected. Then I installed 22.3.1 again - GPU worked untill i rebooted my laptop. Now it's back to 'unknown' and I am reverting back to 22.3 as it sort of worked, just PS itself is slower i think, as it only supports basic GPU acceleration. Today I updated GPU drivers to game ready and that didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wroublin

Propose that you shut down your PC/Laptop and have a clean restart to check whether it could be detected. Don't launch any other apps except PS.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I do. Unfortunately newest PS version 22.3.1 works only untill the restart. after restart - i have to downgrade to 22.3.0 and upgrade back to 22.3.1 to make it work. 
Also, what i noticed - I cannot change the GPU used by PS in Nvidia Control Panel. I have multiple single tasks to select used GPU, but there's no global setting for specific app. To select that, I need to go to Windows 10 settings - but after addressing Nvidia GPU for photoshop it still didn't fix the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend also had problem with her laptop came with MX250 2GB GPU from nVidia. I asked her to reverted back to PS v22.3 then it started to work again. I still think Adobe should fix this problem in next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me. Have you solved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idk why people keep messing with settings and reinstallations, this is a bug and there is nothing worth doing except going back to prior, working version.

That requires the least effort and 100% works. People also do not read the thread but just blindly post things already discussed xy times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD RX 5700 XT shows as "UNKNOWN" in 22.3.1. Detected and working with 22.3.0 after rollback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that's all we can do. Hopefully someone from Adobe will read this and fix the issue soon. Not sure though why the didn't do it yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate