• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Completely broken Hand tool (PS24.5) Hand Tool Sticking, sticky, not seeing mouse-up

Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug. Please don't move it to the Discussions tab.

And please don't merge into another unrelated thread. I will report a bug with this thread.

------------------------------------

I made a YouTube video using a keyboard mouse overlay to show what action I'm taking. I hope you can refer to refer to it.

https://youtu.be/Cle6dEgP5_Y

------------------------------------

I was disappointed that there were so many bugs that were not fixed in 24.5, but I was still trying to give it a shot.

However, this bug is pretty serious. Really...

Please see the video I attached.
If you watch the video, you will see that I am shaking the screen.
I'm not using a hand tool, it should release automatically, but that thing is sticky.

To release this sticky, pinned handtool, you'll need to make one more unconditional click.

Here's how I've organized them for your reference.

< What I can be sure of >

1. Window10 (Tested a total of 14 PCs)
  2. Use WacomTablet
  3. Not related to preferences at all (Especially not related to Spring loaded, Flick panning stuff things)
  4. I've tried all the known Photoshop troubleshooting methods and no improvement.
  5. Even reinstalling Windows does the same thing
  6. Only in 24.5 does this bug occur with certainty. I can't reproduce it at all in earlier versions.

I'm not sure about the >

1. Mac OS not tested
  2. I couldn't even test if it was a GPU company difference. I and my team all use NVIDIA

And while there are a few threads pointing this out, there doesn't seem to be a proper plan to fix it.

If this is not fixed in 24.6, 24.6 will be equally unusable as 24.5.

Also check out the links below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/hand-tool-lock-after-releasing-spaceb...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/some-ps-tools-keep-reading-wacom-pen-after-l...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/hand-tool-won-t-let-go-of-image/m-p/1...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/24-5-impossible-to-use-with-wacom-intuos-on-...

(cjbutler 1/12/24: edited title from "not reverting to cursor" to "not seeing mouse up" to reflect latest focus on lost mouse-up as root cause, and not just a stale cursor setting.)

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

We wanted to update this thread that the issue was fixed with the release of 25.6. If you are still having this issue with the most recent Ps version, please start a new thread with your information so the team can investigate further.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 637 Replies 637
637 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vote! Same issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@janemii I would have thought lightly that this 24.5 version was broken in optimization if it looked like the mouse cursor was cut off, or the hand tool was cut off, but this is a weird and serious bug.

@Do30603781w1ec The systems I tested also had this bug 100% regardless of Ryzen and Intel. It's not a problem with computer specifications, it's a problem unique to 24.5. There's nothing wrong with your computer.

@Box31 Thanks for vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sehr lästig

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than downgrading, there's no other way I've seen it work. 24.4.1 is no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERY PROBLEM!!!!!!! FIX THIS!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Liiile  Yes. You're right. 
It cannot be reproduced in 24.4.1 for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I first saw this in a Facebook group. 
Many people have told each other that resetting their "preferences" will fix it, but that hasn't worked at all.
Photoshop 24.5 was simply broken.

One person even bought a new 4000 GPU and a new Wacom tablet to see if the bug was due to the age of his equipment. But there was no improvement at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue ~ Vote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.6 does not appear on the update list for me. Would anyone like to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also happens to earlier gfx cards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also began seeing this sticky hand tool as soon as I updated to 24.5 a few weeks ago. I tried all of the suggested fixes. Nothing worked for me. I reverted back to 24.4.1, and it works just like it should. Windows 10, Wacom Intous tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24.6 still has the same issue. Will be going back to 24.4.1. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole team is having the issue with the hand tool and the pen tool sticking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Nvidia Quadro P2000.
Re-installing previous version appears to have some intermittent residual problems from the upgrade too (sticking Pan and Zoom). Pffft!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now got a notice 25.6 was ready to download. Oh, great! They fixed the sticky hand tool! NOT!!!! It is just as bad as it was in 25.5 Come on, guy! Get it together and fix this already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All same, puff. I have the same issue and I use hand a lot. it really made work hard 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem in Photoshop 24.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can more variables to this bug. Photoshop 24.6 (but started in 24.4) on macOS on MacBook Pro with M1 Pro processor/GPU combo, 16GB RAM is nearly unusable because the hand tool is so broken. It also has the hang bug for marquee tools and any tool used after the eyedropper tool is used to select a color. This also happens on my Windows 11 desktop with an Intel Core i5 12600k and Nvidia RTX 3060ti, 32GB RAM. Worse yet, even downgrading to versions all the way to 22 have the bug now. I have reset my preferences and completely uninstalled Photoshop/Creative Cloud, but nothing resolves the problem. I use a Cintiq, but even without it plugged in, it still persists. I even uninstalled the Cintiq drivers and tested to the same results. It doesn't even seem to matter what the resolution or complexity the PSD file is. I can have one layer with a few brush strokes or a 6GB file with 100+ layers and it will just randomly happen to the point where I have to force quit the program using only the keyboard because the mouse is completely unusable. It's absolutely ridiculous that they have let this bug persist for this long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Never been so happy to see a Photoshop update.... but nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a bunch of testing, and I can assure you that this bug was not fixed in 24.6 (of course, I expected it since it wasn't in the fixed issues, but I was hopeful just in case).

https://youtu.be/vGm_NM0GYrw

The link I recorded was just testing Photoshop 24.6.
It has the exact same bug.

If this is the case, I don't know why 24.6 was released....

When I looked at the "Fixed Issue", that bug was also fixed.

"Hue selector in "Hue Cube" only goes to 350 degrees"

Is that bug making your work impossible?
I now feel like the prioritization of the bug is not being considered at all.

Will we have to wait a few more months, or a year, for the big bad bugs that prevent us from experiencing Photoshop in its entirety?
I think this should have been fixed in a hotfix within a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is a dream, not a reality.

The best case scenario is that Adobe already had a fix for this, but the update team made a mistake and released 24.6 without including it. Otherwise, this doesn't make sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/completely-broken-hand-tool-ps24-5/idc-p/138...

Is the beta team investigating this bug and working on a fix?
When I reported this on the official forum, no one from the staff responded.

I'm wondering if they're not responding because it's already been fixed, or if they don't recognize it as a bug.
I was expecting this to be fixed in a hotfix this week.
This is a very annoying bug. It affects real working environments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, the hand tool remain sticky. It's impossible to work and it is very annoying. I returned to 24.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost got the same bug, every click on my XP PEN tablet(s) is a double click since Photoshop's update. This is really annoying, I can't even work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's most curious is that no one from Adobe responds to this bug thread; other minor bug threads have been answered with "Reset your preferences. Share your system information." Why do they ignore such an important bug report?

Votes

Translate

Translate