• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Neural filters don't work - Photoshop 22.x

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Photoshop on 2 competer.
1. i7-8700/32Gb/SSD/Quadro P620 (2x monitors FullHD)
2. i9-9900/64Gb/SSD m.2/RTX2070Super (2x monitors 2k)

On 1 computer all work normally.
On 2 computer all neural filters don't work.

Screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1idzCi86M31Dy6OLhmru5MMdgSutOGDkD/view?usp=sharing

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

The only thing that worked for me, I noticed the plugindata folder was read only, I unticked this and it worked. 

Screenshot_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

The issue where renaming the PluginData folder was required should be fixed in 22.1 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Can you try quitting Photoshop, then delete/rename the following folder?

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData

Restart Photoshop. It should force to re-download all models.

Let me know if this fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
82 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the last update of PS and the neural filters aren't working properly :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even download them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My neural filters don't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop. Renamed the data file and still get "There was an error running filters" message. 

I'm having a related issue with Topaz sharpen. It launches but won't run. I have exhausted the Topaz help. Nothing they suggested helped and they gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 22.4.2. When I download the neural filter for colorize it shows downloading 326.1mb ... but never seems to get to the end of the download never displays the various slider/adjustments window.

Just keeps returning to the download option.? I did delete the folder noted in the response above. And exited and restarted PS multiple times. The file I'm trying to process is just 1mb or so. The only neural filter that has an option to turn it on is Smart Portrait even after attempting to download all the individual filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A total disgrace. Pity Adobe doesn't bother supporting their products properly, just keeps adding junk that no-one wants and even then it doesn't work.

Bearing in mind this is allegedly the world's leading graphics program, and it doesn't even support the .webp format, but still supports formats that haven't been used in decades while not giving the user the option to remove the rubbish from the "Save As..." dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is bothering me too. I'm a professional Graphic Designer on Clipping Path service and It is hindering my work. Following this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost the neural menu item from the Photoshop plugins menu.

Screenshot_1-297ef6e5-e282-4702-83b1-56454e5311ca-882576555.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get nothing, just a blank panel on the right. I used them before the upgrade to 22.4.2. Now the neural filters are gone and the panel is blank with no option to download???

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running PS 22.4.2 on latest OSX Mojave. Just like many others, I'm still unable to complete the download of any neural filters 10 months after people stated reporting this problem. The download gets most of the way through the progress circle before going back to showing the download button. Can't Adobe figure out an alternate mechanism for us to download the contents of the PluginData folder? Maybe use the Creative Cloud app, perhaps? I'll even settle for a dropbox link to the files at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything and then some. This feature is just not working on Windows 10. I have the latest update, a RTX 3080ti, 32 gb of ram, working on an I-core 9900k. Basically a sports car of a PC and this crap still won't work! I did all the modifications an IT tech would do after reading all these forums and nothing. This is a fail on Adobe. We as paying customer should be expected to work this hard for a feature to work. Adobe stop releasing crap that doesn't work. Use your RND department, then release your features! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jonathan Guzman

Me too.  Even upgraded my graphics card ... downloads for the filters simply won't install.  Even the ones that are not in beta.   Something is not right with these filters.   Adobe should either remove them entirely or make them work. 

BTW...don't understand why you need a super-duper graphics card if the processing is 'done in the cloud' as they suggest on the filter download window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no neural filters...just a blank panel loads on the right side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beyond a joke. I've had tech support look at my system, and they hadn't got a clue what the problem is. Assured me it would all be fixed in the next release and closed the ticket. That was about three releases ago. So I guess I either have a part-functioning, wildly expensive piece of software and put up with it, or I raise another ticket. Think it's gonna be a ticket - and everyone else should do the same. Maybe the message will get through someone's thick head that we are not paying all this money to be beta testers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your Windows Temp folder is located on the C: drive.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

https://www.howtogeek.com/285710/how-to-move-windows-temporary-folders-to-another-drive/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@todd_shaner_6660895

My temp files ARE on the c: drive.   PS has never complained about this in the past.  

Why can't PS understand temp/tmp folders other than on C:, like nearly all other software does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got the neural colorizer to work.  I had system temp folder on C:\ drive but my user temp folder on D:.  as soon as I fixed this so both point to C:\temp and made sure I had full access to the directory and no 'readonly' attributes BINGO.  

Here's a 1-click, 5-second masterpiece.   It truly is amazing.
Before:
20210717_114020-68747247-f7fa-4f48-a844-b9fbc5526bc1-1673463362.jpg

After:

MOM_COLORIZED_20210717_114020-30386710-5a63-4177-9357-bb9696b08408-1581203714.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Novack Weird that Adobe is so freakin' dumb. I had my Temp on a separate SSD (X:). Followed your suggestion, moved Temp to C:, restarted, works okay - so far.

Unbelievable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm amazed at just how easy that fix was.  I had the same problem with the colorize neural filter not downloading.  Cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH...

MY PROBLEM WAS SOLVED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Megan Davis ty its work + u need 26GB free space on drive C 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with 22.5 on WIN10. When trying to apply neural filter I get the message We temporarily disabled  this Filter due to an error. Anyone the same issue (and hopefully solution)? I already deleted the PluginData folder, but otherwise I'm not much of a techie...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I have the same issue that some neural filters (e.g. Skin Smoothing & FaceSeg) while DepthPrediction is working. I also tried to delete the PluginData which didn´t help. The Temp folder is also on drive C. Could you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found out that after deleting the PluginData folder now no neural filters are working anymore. I always get the error message that the filter was disabled due to a temporary error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate your solution worked perfectly - thank you very much for sharing you knowledge

Votes

Translate

Translate