• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.0 crashes when trying to use touchscreen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system automatically updated to PS 23.0. Now the PS crashes when trying to zoom in or tilt the image by hand on the touchscreen. I tried to disable the graph

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Major facepalm moment and massive apologies!  We're working on getting a fix out ASAP.  In the meantime the workarounds are to either just disable and not use touch or disable the Spaces plugin by simply renaming it with a ~ 

If you disable the "Spaces" plugin then the crash goes away.
To disable rename the "Spaces" folder in Plugins to "~Spaces".
Change
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces
To:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\~Space

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Thanks @alanber I found your submitted crash log. I've asked engineering to take a look. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
138 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Wacom mobile studio. Also sent crash report with this email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional information:

I've submitted a crash log and entered the same email I'm using here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bd.photography You're hitting this issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wight-st Thanks for submitting a crash report. You are hitting the issue in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes. I guess it's related to my Cintiq? Cheers for relocating me to the right thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue. New Surface Pro 8, Windows 11, fresh Photoshop install. Any attempt at touch input on the canvas causes a short freeze, then the crash dialog pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...basically don't update yet if you have a touch interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact thing is happening to me as well. I am able to use the pen on my Surface but the minute I try to zoom or do any touch actions I get a crash message. Very frustrating as I have a lot of work to get done. I sent multiple crash reports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me on my Cintiq pro 24 the gestures do not work, if you try Photoshop crashes, also for pen you can also use your fingers which makes the tablet unusable. Send many report.... Photoshop 22 work correct on same pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same here, Cintiq 27QHD (firmware 2.6.37), latest driver 6.3.44-3,crashes when using pinch zoom and moving around the page. Not sure if thats the only issue as can't get past the crash.

Have submitted crash report and rolled back to 22.5.2 which is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactlly the same here with my Cintiq 24 pro. The moment I 'touch' photoshop, it freezes. I feel rejected.
Seriously though, I tried countless times and it happens each time without exception. If I disable touch input I can work with photoshop. If I disable 'Use Graphics processor', I can "use" touch without crashing most of tehe times, but without hardware accelaration it's not actually usable. It's slow and erratic. Also very often the Brush cursor changes into the move tool cursor, which then remains present regardless of what tool is actually active. Things get really slow and messy with 'Use Graphics processor' disabled.
I submitted a crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Don't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've submitted a couple crash reports, all of these sound similar. Is there any word on an update? I always prefer to be working on the latest version if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just responding to mention that this is also happening to me after the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Update photoshop doeesnt allow me to zoom in and out usinng my finger or use my surface pen- if I use the touch screen at all- photoshop crashes. I have the surface pro 3.  So maybe just make photoshop the way it was before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Cintiq 13 Pro Touch, I can use the pen well enough to draw in photoshop v23.0.0., but the second I use touch controls to bring up an on-screen overlay, it crashes.

Video here for the crash happening.

https://youtu.be/Bs0bapED0q0

I talked to Nividia chat support to ensure I was using the latest drivers, which are installed, with the latest wacom drivers available for this produce. Video shows all of this information being correct. 

Video then shows me using Photoshop with a pen on a pre-made document, showing I can draw with the pen and mouse input just fine. It's when I click an indicated On-Screen controls that then I lose all input and PS crashes.

When I deactivate the GPU from the PS Preferences, I don't get this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to clarify, never had this issue with the last version. This is a brand new, consistent problem with v23.0.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem using the dell canvas (Wacom drivers).  when I atempt to pinch and zoom PS freezes then crashes. Reverting back to PS21 fixes the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, v22.5.2 still works with no issues, so sticking with it until v23 gets patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why a post of mine was integrated into this support ticket--in my issue I was specifically describing my issue being with the Wacom On-Screen controls overlay being brought up. This causes PS v23 to crash everytime (at least while the GPU is activated via PS Prefs) The On-Screen controls can be brought up either by touch OR by mouse, it's the overlay, not the Touch controls that cause the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major facepalm moment and massive apologies!  We're working on getting a fix out ASAP.  In the meantime the workarounds are to either just disable and not use touch or disable the Spaces plugin by simply renaming it with a ~ 

If you disable the "Spaces" plugin then the crash goes away.
To disable rename the "Spaces" folder in Plugins to "~Spaces".
Change
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces
To:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\~Spaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FireBert85 I found your crash report, and you were hitting this issue. Thanks for submitting a crash log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know Chad, This happens on the regular and effects the Surface line constantly with your major updates. When are you guys at Adobe going to get it together and realize that people have Surface Studios and other Surface products that we do touch and use a pen? It is getting tiresome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my HP Envy. any touchscreen and it crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix seems to have solved the crashing issue for me in the meanwhile.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate