Enthusiast ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1111.png

test pc is window10. Photoshop version 23.4

GPU comp off / on , Multithread of / off , Native canvas on /of

I reset it, but the result is the same.

It doesn't matter if it just looks like that and it doesn't affect the actual output. But that's how it's reflected in the actual output. So I can't proceed with the work right now.

That bug occurs randomly when zooming in and out. Even if i use clone stamp, patch tools, or healing brushes, bugs occur randomly. Emergency patch is required.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

V23.4.1 has now been released to roll out v23.4 features without the bug.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-23-4-1-is-now-available/td-p/13009567

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hello everyone. The team is investigating this issue, and will ship a fix as soon as possible. 

At this time we recommend rolling back to Ps 23.3.2.

For help with this, see Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
87 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew Sender Unfortunately, I cannot share the psd. We cannot disclose it to the outside world because of the contract clause because we have been asked to work. That's why I only uploaded a part of it as a screenshot. As you can see, there are many people who share the same experience in my writing. This is not a bug that occurs on a particular PSD or image.

And as @Åke Mora  says, sharing system information itself is meaningless. It's broken inside Photoshop right now. I've been testing other computers, but it's the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have a strange image of myself. I came into the community to say that Photoshop has gotten weird...

In the comments that someone wrote above, I saw that this bug destroyed his family picture... I really lost what to say.
Of course, the bug fix should be done right now, and shouldn't we compensate him for something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my first time working on a bug that's scary to open an image in Photoshop. 😭

We're working after all, and I'm writing because I want Adobe to update it quickly, but...What do you really do with someone who lost a family photo like that? It's so scary and sad.............😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't know English very well. I'm sorry

photoshop color square randomly. my photo break down. how fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqqerry undertood.  Thank you for explaining

@xoxo24861837kswc @Åke Mora @hanesias @Gagoiille  can either of you please share the PSD where with the corruption you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very recreatable bug on my system occurred today. Tried many many preference changes, re-installed Photoshop, reset VRAM & SMC for what that was worth.

Photoshop 23.4.0

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) 

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

40 GB 2133 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

Open image, add hue sat adjustment layer, change background to layer, eg. with rectangular mask, on that layer fill selection with foreground colour, fade fill to 80%, toggle visibility on hue sat layer

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 14.23.58.pngScreenshot 2022-06-14 at 15.54.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew Sender Could you tell me your email? My team member sent me a PSD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrew Sender I sent you a link to the Google drive as an individual message. Please check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is impossible to work on. I don't know exactly how the bug starts, but Lasotool or patch tool seems to be definitely related. I think we need to investigate based on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. The team is investigating this issue, and will ship a fix as soon as possible. 

At this time we recommend rolling back to Ps 23.3.2.

For help with this, see Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what.jpg

What's certain is that it seems to have some kind of correlation with the selection tool.(lasso, marquee, patch tool..etc)

Simply, if you grab a certain part with a lasotool and run a warp of free transform, you get that bug almost 100%.

Not only that, but it seems to happen with patch tools and other common tools. But the rest of the tools can't be reproduced accurately. And sometimes these bugs can be recovered through Undo, but sometimes they can't be recovered even if you run a complete back. I think that means "destroyed" among the comments above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue since updating too. When I use the lasso/selection tool to move things it creates visual glitches and random white boxes when zooming over my work.

Disabling GPU is not a soluition because my canvas becomes laggy and pixelated.

Disabling native canvas doesn't fix it.

My first ever post on the forums because this is ridiculous. I can't beleive I pay monthly for this program.

Will roll back so I can actually do my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqqerry got it.  Thank you.  Team is looking into this and found an issue causing artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug in Photoshop 23.4 - when selecting an area of an image with the marquee tool and then resizing it (command+t) the whole image corrupts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lasso, marquee + transform something = Almost a problem

clone stamp, healing brush, normal brush - sometimes...? Impossible to reproduce, but there is a problem.

Adjustment layer(Hue/Sat or Curve or Level) - also can't reproduce. But obviously there was a bug.All the adjustment layers have a layer mask as a basic, so is that related to the selection? Well, I guess that's true......?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who still have 23.4 installed and would like to test some steps:

1. Uncheck GPU compositing (Preferences > Performance > Advanced) and click OK, then OK on Preferences
  2. Restart Photoshop and try again

Let us know if this helps for you at all.

In my testing it seems to stop the artifacting from appearing.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my photoshop is 23.4(2022)

cpu intel 12700k + 3070rtx + ram32g + window10 21H2

setting is native canvas off, GPU compositing off. Multithreaded compositing off

But the color box also covers the whole area on my image.

btw, I think it's the first time Adobe has officially recommended a rollback. It is true that it is such a serious problem.

hope to fix it quickly as you can. I can't proceed with the work.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tixelar841 , Thanks for trying those steps.

Can you double-check that the Preference change for disabling GPU compositing stuck for you upon relaunch?

We are working on a fix, and will release an update ASAP.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i mentioned (I wrote it down in the beginning of the sentence.), I've already tried it, and even if you set it like that, there's a bug like that, so I posted it.(uncheck GPU compositing , uncheck Multithreaded compositing)

A quick fix is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Jqqerry , That very well might be true, thanks for reiterating the difficulty you're seeing and the steps you've tried.

You may have already rolled back to 23.3.2 at this point. If not, I would be curious if those changes you set "stuck" (so to speak). Meaning, did those preference changes stay unchecked after you restarted Photoshop?

In some of my testing, I unchecked them, and they were checked again after a subsequent restart of Photoshop.

So that is why I'm asking this seemingly unnecessary question and verification. 

Hope that helps clarify why I'm "double-checking" this step.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pete.Green  Yes. When I turn off or turn on an some option, I always turn on the setting window again and check it twice, three times, and four times.

The option that I was turning off was exactly turned off, and a bug occurred. In addition, when I turned it on and reproduced the bug, I double-checked it to see if the option was really active.

Thank you for your hard work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating PS today, i found this bug. 

PS corrupt my photos while i'm doing FS to some photos. usign Guassiang blur as you could see in the video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the some problem with ALL photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your bug is the same as mine. A lot of people are experiencing the bug, and sometimes the work is actually cancelable, but it also destroys the image itself. Adobe officially recommends rollback to the previous version.

And Adobe is currently investigating.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-strange-color-box-with-data-loss/idi-p/130...

it's mine

Votes

Translate

Translate